PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Report

Agu
07/21/2004, 07:40 PM
We met at the Selby Library today and Kevin Curlee , the Deputy Director, was our host. He told us about construction and installation of the tank, which was complicated by the fact that it was a retrofit job done a year after the library opened . We also got to see the access panels and the equipment room which is remote from the tank. Have to say I was surprised that these tanks are primarily run with DIY equipment. The skimmer was a diy dual downdraft, the carbon was in a pool filter canister (that's a lot of carbon), and the system also uses a home made sulfer dinitrator (and if you don't know what that is don't feel alone ;) )

An interesting comment from Kevin was that he would appreciate the assistance of knowledgeable aquarists on projects beyond what regular volunteers would be doing. He's supposed to send me some ideas which will be forwarded to everyone on the email list. Perhaps a club project could be to work on a project Kevin feels we can help with ??

Agu

sandman12
07/21/2004, 08:38 PM
yeah i definatly got lost about the sulfuric acid and all. I would love to do some projects (will work for frags, lol). I have no job and its summer, boring and looking for something to do. Like 2-3 times a week not just once a month if he needs stuff done let him know iam here.