PDA

View Full Version : LG- Orange-spot goby eating serpent star free to good home

Shak
07/21/2004, 01:31 AM
Came home yesterday to my beautiful goby being gobbled up by the serpent star. It was fine during the day, and I dont suspect that the serpent could have caught it unless it was sleeping, so dont really know who killed him but i sure am ****ed, so since he was caught eating it, the serpent has to go.

Traps are out in full force now, see what else i can catch. Let me know if anyone wants him.

Also, Chris.....gonna need another orange-spot whenever you can get one in.

opihi
07/21/2004, 01:34 AM
damn, that's a bummer Matt.

are you sure the goby wasn't dead and the star was just cleaning up the carcass?

LVfishguy
07/21/2004, 01:59 AM
That really sucks! I'll see what I can do for you.

Shak
07/21/2004, 12:44 PM
Jeff,
Goby was healthy when i left to work, and has been eating great and getting less and less shy. It may have already been dead when the starfish got to him but no sense in taking chances, im was planning on removing it soon anyway.

Like I said before, I think its highly unlikely that the starfish could have caught him during the daytime. It sounds more reasonable that he may have been swimming to close to a pistol shrimps home and perhaps got stunned, then the starfish took over from there. Or, same scenario with a mantis shrimps home (if i still have one), he may have gotten clocked by a mantis but there were no visible signs of damage to the goby, i pulled him out immediately when i got home and they only thing damaged on the goby were the gills, im thinking the starfish may have eaten that part first as it was the easiest to get to.

Chris,
Thanks man, I would like to get another asap.

So far my trap has caught 2 pepperment shrimp, the serpent star, and the cleaner shrimp. Going to try to get both the pistols out as well as they are getting HUGE, as well as the mystery mantis? and any unwanted crabs.

If this happens again, im pulling the tang out and putting in a nice little squishy octopus to rid my tank of every living crustacean. That'll teach em to kill my favorite fish!

LVfishguy
07/21/2004, 12:49 PM
What are you going to do with the octopus after?

opihi
07/21/2004, 01:24 PM
http://www.ellasrestaurant.com/images/food_shots_calamari.jpg

:D

Shak
07/21/2004, 07:42 PM
Yeah, im going to give it to Jeff to eat.

Or, Jeff can smuggle it into your store and put it in your anemone tank :)