PDA

View Full Version : fish for sale

spotfin
07/20/2004, 06:34 PM
Hi Everyone,
I was in Petco (Augusta) today and saw a really nice lemonpeel angel for sale. This is a unique fish as it is bright yellow, but has a black tail and black margin around the anal and dorsal fins. A very nice looking fish. Price was $24.

Also, I am looking for new homes for a few of my fish. One is a chain link moray eel, about 14" long. This eel needs a large tank (it's in a 75gal now) that doesn't have any shrimp or crabs. It gets along fine with most fish, and needs a tank with a tight lid (no open reef tanks for this one). The second fish is a red spotted sand perch, similar to a hawkfish. This fish is 2.5-3" long. The third fish is a yellow-tail blue damsel. And the fourth fish is a yellow coral goby. This fish is about 1" long, and needs a home with other small fish. A refugium may be a nice place for it. These fish are free to the right homes.

If I can find homes for all these guys, I will tear the tank down and will need to sell the live rock. I have about 85 lbs of fiji rock that is covered with purple coralline algae. There is however some green algae growing on it too. It's not hair algae, but is hard to remove. Maybe a type of turf algae. Let me know if anyone is interested in the rock or the fish.
Jason

SOMEthinsFISHY
07/21/2004, 05:08 AM
HEY spot i am interested in these fish 4 sure i would have to set up a new home 4 the eel but no problem there !

also how much do u want 4 the coral ?? how about some trades i have a ton of stuff since i operate a in home store here !!
234-2966 is my Phone #

Hedonist
07/21/2004, 05:37 PM
I will take LR from you for sure!!!! I may be interested in the coral gobie also.... Let me know!

Why are you taking this down, is this an upgrade or what?!?!?!??!

Denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
07/22/2004, 04:47 AM
spot w where r u ??

spotfin
07/22/2004, 07:24 PM
Hi John,
I'm here. Been busy...
Denise, I can't find the goby. It may just be hiding in a hole somewhere, it's not very big...
John, I will give you a call friday morning. I have the day off and will be around until 9:30 am.
Jason

SOMEthinsFISHY
07/22/2004, 08:59 PM
what town are you from !?

spotfin
08/02/2004, 08:07 PM
Hi John,
How is everyone doing?
Jason

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/03/2004, 04:45 AM
the eel looks so happy and the live rock is tucked away along with my other hairl algae problems !

Thanks agai hope 2 see u sat !

spotfin
08/04/2004, 02:15 PM
Hi John,
You are welcome. How are the sandperch and damsel doing?
See you saturday.
jason

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/04/2004, 02:48 PM
JUST ordered some salt water feeders ! for them !

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/12/2004, 05:11 AM
they all are still fine !!

spotfin
08/12/2004, 04:28 PM
excellent!!!

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/12/2004, 08:51 PM
HEY spot what was that eel eating ??

spotfin
08/13/2004, 03:06 PM
Hi John,
I fed it frozen seafood: shrimp, squid, and scallops. I buy it from the seafood counter at Shaws or Hannaford. Keep it frozen and cut off a piece about the size of your thumbnail when you feed. It's nice to thaw it out before feeding too. I used a feeding stick to get the food right in front of the eel's nose. Make sure the seafood is raw, and isn't in some sauce or flavoring. I feed my other fish the same stuff, only cut up into smaller pieces. Just as good as frozen fish food but cheaper. Mussels on the half shell are good too.
Jason

SOMEthinsFISHY
08/14/2004, 06:04 AM
OK that is good !