PDA

View Full Version : live rock

jzzkwz
07/19/2004, 06:16 PM
Looking for some live rock that's for sale....
Anyone local to indy have any available?

catdoc
07/23/2004, 07:05 PM
Glimpse of Nature in Bloomington, IN is going out of business and selling LR for 3.50/lb. It's not real colorful, but it'd work as live base rock.

jzzkwz
07/24/2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the reply - will definitely check it out...Have you purchased items from them before? Is their rock cured? Thanks again...

catdoc
07/24/2004, 06:12 PM
She doesn't really have a place to cure the rock, but this is all the rock from her display tanks. It's been in there a long while. Her lights are ancient, so they're isn't much colorful life on them but if you just need it for filtration, it'd do the job. Check it for aiptasia first, I found a couple of those but nothing I couldn't kill before putting it in the tank. I got a HUGE bristle worm on one of them, over 6"; I think they're good scavengers so to me it's a good thing. I bought some that I'm using as base in my new tank, then got a couple of nice coralline-covered rocks at Inland Aquatics today that I'll use to seed the cheap stuff.

Here's a pic of what I bought so far from her, need to make another trip over to get a little bit more but wanted to see how the aquascaping was going first. The flash did bring out a little green coralline that I hadn't noticed in the holding tank.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/43803liverock.jpg