PDA

View Full Version : not bad for 17 cents!

overflowin
07/19/2004, 03:43 PM
i went to kroger yesterday morning to get a few things, and noticed at the sea food counter there was a guy slicing up some salmon. i asked if he would sell me some scraps, and he did. a whole (thin) side of the fish, the ribs i guess...i got a decent amount of meat off of it, so my anemone will eat like a king for a while. the best part, it only cost me 17 cents!

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/57530salmon.JPG

i recomend to anyone that feeds meaty foods to ask for scraps, they will just throw them away, and if you get there in the morning they are still fresh... so if we're making food over at 4c's next month, there will be plenty of salmon coming with me!

donnie

Scott Joniec
07/19/2004, 04:16 PM
Hey just watch it and make sure that they don't add any preservatives to any of the meat. I know a guy in england that cut up a shrimp he bought in a local grocery store and killed off his entire tank.

overflowin
07/19/2004, 04:18 PM
hmmmm... i have fed from this kroger before with no problems, just never thought to ask for scraps....should be the same meat, i just had to pull it off the ribs. thanks for the look though!

donnie

Scott Joniec
07/19/2004, 04:43 PM
Its a great idea. I went to the meijer in Greenwood and explained that I was looking for food for my saltwater tank and asked about preservatives and the guy just looked at me and finnaly said " the fish comes in once a week." I guess that meant it does?

bobbittle
07/19/2004, 07:17 PM
If you're cautious I would go to a local fish market instead of a superstore.

overflowin
07/19/2004, 07:53 PM
any one know where a fish market is on the east side?

nice website bob...