PDA

View Full Version : how are the frags from the meeting

lil'salty
07/18/2004, 08:11 PM
still waiting to see how the pom pom xenia is gonna do, still there but not doing anything yet just kinda hangin there

SoupySteve
07/19/2004, 08:46 AM
The green leather you gave us is getting better (I had to shove it into a hole to anchor it down).
The kenya tree coral (that the Forehands ??? brought) has already grown a bit - I can already see me bringing frags of it in the future.
The SPS that Anthony gave us is showing some purplish coloration at its tips - but my flame angel keeps picking at it. I may have to see if someone else would like it in their tank.
I somehow ended up with a few zoas (orange centers with green skirts) - and they have already gone from 4 individuals to 5.
I picked up a toadstool frag at Cichlids & Salts - I'll frag it out when it gets bigger to anyone who is interested.

lil'salty
07/19/2004, 02:10 PM
i will take the sps :)

Red Sea Purple Tang
07/19/2004, 08:17 PM
I'm still...(burp)....loving the (burp)....burgers and dogs....(burp).....

Neonguy95
07/24/2004, 01:48 PM
Pulsing xenia has completly turned around, looking really good. This is after using Marine Snow, btw. Kenya tree lookd very good too. Mushroom of course is doing great.

Leather not so good, turn completly white, tried moving it to the top of the tank closer to the lights, but to no avail. Went ahead and removed it from the tank yesturday. No more leathers ect for me.....

Red Sea Purple Tang
07/24/2004, 03:32 PM
Rusty- Glad to hear about the Kenya Tree! That is one of my favorite softies. (Insert TAPS bugle for the leather)

SoupySteve
07/24/2004, 10:22 PM
Kenya tree is growing super fast!

lil'salty
07/25/2004, 01:58 AM
bummer on the leather but to make you feel better it has been a little sensitve in my tank i have another piece if you want it though

Neonguy95
07/25/2004, 10:11 AM
I don't really want to kill anything else. I am going to wait on anymore leathers. It was very cool the first day we brought it home. All the little (don't know what they were called so) little tenticle things that came up out of it. They were flourscent green. After that it went downhill rather quickly.

So rather than kill another very neat leather, I will hold off.

Thank you for the offer though.

lil'salty
07/25/2004, 10:39 AM
i cant believe you killed it what did it look like they do shed and if something bugs it it will shrivle up for a while

Neonguy95
07/25/2004, 12:12 PM
It went completly white. From being green to white. Then shrivled up for about a week.

I apologize for killing it, it wasn't like I woke up in the morning and said "Self let's go kill the leather." I tried several different placements for it, bought a couple different additives. I tried I failed. I am sorry.

Let me go crawl back under my rock.....

lil'salty
07/25/2004, 12:23 PM
not mad just completely surprized what kind of lights do you have

Neonguy95
07/25/2004, 12:27 PM
265 PC's.

LargeJohn
07/26/2004, 09:38 AM
Nobody fret! :D

The big momma colony that Freeman left in my tank is alive and well. I can bring it to the next meeting like a traveling trophy!

lil'salty
07/26/2004, 09:56 AM
lol hows the pom pom xenia john
mine is just starting to show signs of life with the pumping of a few hands

LargeJohn
07/26/2004, 03:10 PM
Mine got loose from the rock it was rubber-banded to, and I lost it for about a week. Three days ago I saw it growing out of a crevice near my zooanthids. It appears to really be stretching towards the light, but otherwise seems healthy!

lil'salty
07/27/2004, 09:11 AM
sweet i think it will be cool to have the contrast between the two different species
does anyone know if both types can touch or not?

SoupySteve
07/27/2004, 02:02 PM
Sounds weird and all, but I notice that if two different stalks touch each other for the first time, it ****es off one of the two for a few hours. I'm sure there's other reasons for this, but maybe those damned inverts can actually "tell" if another stalk is touching it???