PDA

View Full Version : Cheap heavy duty dosing pumps on Ebay

ReefDream
07/18/2004, 04:01 PM
I have nothing to do with these auctions, but I am trying to get some activity on this forum that can actually help folks save a few hundred dollars (easy to do if you have the knowledge I do). Let's start with dosing pumps for dosing kalkwasser.

As everyone knows, there isn't a single decent dosing pump being sold in the aquarium industry (they sell junk at Marine Depot for about $350 for a medical "dosing" pump). No, to get something that really works well, you basically have to buy outside the vendors of the reef trade. Right now on Ebay there are two cole parmer pumps and head combos well suited (in speed) for replacing evaporative loss in most tanks (from 35g up probably):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26236&item=3827518637&rd=1

If you get these heads, you'll need some neoprene tubing that fits these heads (L/S 13 size). You can call Cole Parmer to get you free sample, but the best plan is to call McCarr Master (www.mcmaster.com) them and tell them you need a generic neoprene that closely matches size L/S 13 Cole Parmer tubing.

I'll try to post more pumps on here from time to time.

haybaler01
07/19/2004, 10:53 AM
Thanks for posting this. I have already put a bid in on that pump and was really wondering if it was like the ones you were talking about Saturday night. Hope I get the Bid. Thanks for the tip.

ReefDream
07/20/2004, 01:51 PM
Commenting on the auction close: someone paid $46 for equipment that would cost over $1000 new. That's not bad! Anyone else looking for a real dosing pump (I mean a heavy duty one, not some medical doser junk)?

Rebels23
07/21/2004, 09:45 AM
I'd be interested.

dreamreefer
07/22/2004, 04:34 AM
I'm just starting to get into getting a dosing pump, especially after Roger's presentation. Please let me know if you guys find a good deal somewhere...Thanks.

ReefDream
07/22/2004, 12:17 PM
When I have time, I'll look at Ebay and see what they have.