PDA

View Full Version : frags of all kinds needed wanted and desired

glh7767
10/08/2001, 10:56 AM
my new 80 gallon frag propagation facility is now up and running. i replaced 3 circulation pumps, and vince has a new protein skimmer pump on order for me. the automatic replenishing system with the r.o filter is in place, and the gfi electrical system is all set. only one problem. i ain't got no stinking frags!!!!!!!!!!! actually, i have a few, but with 3 20 gallon tanks and a sump all set up with eggcrate shelves, it looks kind of barren. so i'm putting out a call to all available frag donors, sellers, make me an offer i cannot refuse fraggers, etc., before i start purchasing them. if anyone has some frags they wish to go to a new home, whether sps, soft or otherwise (i can separate them), please let me know.

gary

Green Mariner
10/08/2001, 11:46 AM
Gary, I will probably have some green colt and green sinularia, and a lobophyton leather frags that I will be happy to donate to your set-up. I still have to frag them(except the lobo), but I will do that this weekend, so as soon as they attach they are all yours unless you would like them un-attached, then you can have them sooner as opposed to later. contact me via e-mail and we can work out a time to do the hand off!! Talk to you soon!!

HTH

amonhen
10/08/2001, 11:50 AM
Gary,

I'd be happy to donate some, but I am dealing with an aiptasia epidemic right not, so you might want to thing twice about it. I can offer you some large green button polyps and some pulsing xenia (elongata). No treasure, to be sure, but that's all I have. I'll be in the market to aquire soon as I just bought a 180 gallon tank this weekend!

--Jeff

glh7767
10/08/2001, 12:04 PM
that's great jeff. the little anemones don't concern me. you mentioned you just bought a 180 gallon tank, which is what i have. i happen to have a stand for a 180 that was made by a guy who worked for home depot. i gave the tank to our dive shop, but they didn't need the stand. this thing is built like a tank with marine plywood top and bottom, and the bottom portion is sealed so a flood cannot easily occur. if you can use it, your welcome to it.

gary

amonhen
10/08/2001, 03:06 PM
Gary,

Thanks for the stand offer, but I bought the stand with the tank. Wish I had known; I guess it can pay to advertise your intentions. Then again, I am setting up a whole fish room. Hmmm, dual 180s...

How do you control your aiptasia? I can bring the frags to the next meeting or I'd be happy to bring them to you in exchange for a tour of your tanks.

--Jeff

glh7767
10/10/2001, 09:00 AM
i've used most of what we talked about at the meeting, peppermint shrimp being the cheapest of the natural controls. stop aptasia is a good product i've used with some success, as is injecting hot water to inject them. you have to croak them, as picking them off just spreads them. you certainly welcome to come by any time to see my setup, but i've offered to do that on a club basis. hasn't been accepted by our leadership (which is more diverse than the taliban) but may happen in the near future.

if anyone else has use for a custom stand that i think looks fairly decent for a 180, i'd prefer it go to a good home. i inherited it when i bought a setup from a guy who worked at home depot and was being transferred to maine, and since my tank was already on a stand and filled with water at an estimated weight of a whole bunch i haven't used it. i once had ideas of a 2nd 180 as a fish only setup, but another 6 feet of tank in the family room would probably eliminate the family!

glh7767
11/04/2001, 10:02 PM
thanks to vince, lou, jeff, and everyone else who contributed frags to my new frag setup. currently, there are over 30 frags of all kinds, polyps, sps, mushrooms, xenia, leathers, and some stuff i don't know what the hell it is (id forthcoming). and the amazing thing is, the sps stuff is growing like crazy under two loa 65w lights over a 20l tank! as this stuff grows out we will be sharing, auctioning, and distributing to club members. and once the mh lights are in place, the loa lights will be distributed also.

gary

The Unit
11/17/2001, 09:02 PM
hi i found this forum in my daily search for knowlege-i am only 17 but have been keeping a 55gal FO for about 3 years-i am now trying to setup a reef tank and am recently cycling it-i am writing because i am looking for corals for my tank-i have about 6.5wpg of PC and looking for frags to place in it-[mostly green and yellow polyps, hammer, tourch, and frogspawn] the tank is almost setup but i want to wait atleast 2 weeks after i add my first fish[pair of clowns] to add any corals...to bugget is tight so any help is great...hopefully someone reads this....ty for your time...

..oh i also read that you guys were is PA. i live in South Jersey