PDA

View Full Version : August Meeting

mpdharley
07/18/2004, 12:20 PM
It was another great meeting yesterday! The location of the August and September meetings was also determined. The August meeting will be at my house and the September meeting at Lydell's.

For the August meeting, how does the 21st sound to everyone? Since August is typically the "end of summer" how about having a little bit longer meeting and make it a Pool party/Meeting. Bring the family and the swimsuits and we can swim in my pool, have a BBQ (hamburgers and hot dogs) and also do the meeting.

Let me know what everyone things, the pool is big enough to handle a good number of people and there is also plenty of deck space.

Directions will posted as we get closer to the meeting

Mike

joseph
07/20/2004, 09:41 PM
The 21st will work for me.
Let Jennifer and I know what we can bring. Beer, snacks, whatever.

smooth_9
07/20/2004, 10:55 PM
Remember the name tags.

mpdharley
07/21/2004, 09:38 AM
I have the name tags and since the next meeting is at my house, I should be able to remember them!!! :)

Joseph and I are also working on the Member cards and those should be finished soon!

As for anyone bringing anything, the big question will be if we want to have just the meeting or a meeting/pool/bbq party.

grochmal
07/22/2004, 08:54 AM
I can't make the 21st.
I'll be on my way to Napa for a week.
But I'll catch y'all at the next one.

mpdharley
07/22/2004, 09:01 AM
If you like white wines, stop by the Charles Krug vineyard and try their Petite Blanc. You can only get it at the vineyard (as I recall) and its a very nice white wine!

Have fun, enjoy and bring back lots of wine! :)

mpdharley
08/08/2004, 06:18 PM
Just a reminder that the meeting is on Saturday, August 21st (starting around 2pm).

If you would like to go ahead with the BBQ/Pool Party/meeting idea, please let me know. I'll supply the hamburgers, hot dogs, the BBQ and the Pool! We can also extend the ending time beyond the normal 5ish.

Following are the directions:

- Take 295 to 17
- Go South on 17
- At the 4th stop light after you cross Doctor's Lake bridge (which is 15A/Bald Eagle), turn left. That Fleming Island/CR 220 will be on your right.
- Turn right onto Pine (at the end of 15A)
- Go approx 1 mile on Pine.
- You will see a fire station on your left, Bermuda street will be on your right. Turn right onto Bermuda.
- Turn right onto Strawflower

My house will be on your right. It is the corner house (corner of Bermuda and Strawflower). The address is 5977 Strawflower Lane. My truck (black Dodge Quad Cab) will be in the driveway.

Phone number is 215-3459 if you have any problems.

See everyone at the meeting!

grochmal
08/10/2004, 12:52 PM
I went to the newly located Fish Mania on San Jose last night.
Gerry has a much bigger place and sounds like they have big plans to bring in lots of stuff with reasonable prices.
It's still got a ways to go, but the potential is there.

They also said they hope to start "selling stuff at wholesale prices to the public".
We'll see what that turns out to mean, but they have 200 gallon Oceanic buckets for $40 right now...

joseph
08/10/2004, 01:55 PM
Jeff - We stopped by the new fish mania last week. Jerry said he has a shipment of corals and SW fish arriving soon. I'm interested to see what kind of corals he gets in.

Mike - So it is official then, BBQ and pool party! Let us know what to bring.

mpdharley
08/10/2004, 02:46 PM
Also, I have already talked to Jerry and he will give us a discount. I should have sample cards to the stores this week!!!!

Mike - So it is official then, BBQ and pool party! Let us know what to bring.

Will do. Will send some more info out tonight or tomorrow.

lh
08/13/2004, 02:31 PM
Joseph... Someone just pointed out the fact that the nfmas.com website still has info about the July meeting thread and nothing about August.

joseph
08/13/2004, 02:41 PM
Thanks for the heads up Leo. It has been updated.

Anyone have any presentation ideas or suggestions?

mpdharley
08/13/2004, 06:17 PM
It's time for a BBQ/Pool Party/Reef meeting!!

Bring your Wife/Husband/SO/Partner and kids! I will be putting up my pool fence so the pool will be completely blocked off (the fence is easy to open for older kids and adults).

I'll provide the Pool, Hamburger, Hotdogs, ketschup, mustard, mayo and whatever else I have in the fridge at the time!

I need an approximate head count though so I can make sure that I have enough food. Please post a message (or send me a PM) and let me know how many people are coming.

Also need someone to bring some drinks, chips and anything else they want.

The meeting will start at 2pm and go until whenever.

See everyone then!

mpdharley
08/13/2004, 06:51 PM
Can't believe I forgot to put this in my last message!

The new membership cards are done and will be at the next meeting!!! Thanks to Joe for doing the graphics on them!

Both Ocean Reef and Atlantic have a copy of the cards and will give members discounts.

Ocean Reef will give members a 10% discount, more if he can.

Jerry at Fish Mania will also give us a 10% discount and will match online prices (plus the shipping) of equipment! You need to bring in a copy of the web page showing the price to get the match. As far as I know, this is valid at both of his stores.

When getting the discount, you need to let the folks know that you are a member and show your card before they ring up your order. Also, the discounts do not apply to sale items.

And remember, the only requirement for membership is participation! The cards should be available at every meeting and are good for 4 months. That means you only have to make 3 meetings a year, but hopefully you can make more than that!!!!

If there are any other stores that you frequent, ask them about providing a discount and we can get a sample card to them.

Mike

Edge
08/14/2004, 03:13 PM
I'll be sure to make it. Happy to be going to my first meeting. I can bring some chips and snacks, let me know what you like.
Ed.

thomas576
08/17/2004, 09:37 AM
Sorry once again i can't make it (one day i will have a Sat off, but the Navy isn't always fair)

have a good time

ldrhawke
08/18/2004, 08:21 AM
Put me down as a yes.... sounds like fun.

ldrhawke
St. Augustine

FishhyRen
08/19/2004, 07:16 PM
I'll be there (put me down for 2)

mpdharley
08/19/2004, 07:31 PM
Got everyone counted so far. I figure we will start BBQ'ing around 3ish (although that time is not set in stone, we can start later). That gives us some time for meeting stuff (is anyone presenting anything?), some swimming (if the weather holds) and whatever else.

Regardless of weather, we can still BBQ, we'll just move the BBQ to the covered patio.

grochmal
08/20/2004, 08:18 AM
Looks like I can make it to the meeting after all.
I'm heading out of town Sunday morning, not Saturday.

So put down 2 more on the list.
We'll bring some drinks/snacks.

joseph
08/24/2004, 09:58 AM
If anyone wants to see the photos from the meeting...

http://www.nfmas.com/2004_08_meeting.php

FishhyRen
08/24/2004, 08:27 PM
Thanks again mike for having us all over for the meeting! We had a great time! You're tank is looking great!

mpdharley
08/25/2004, 07:03 AM
Your more than welcome, it was a great time, and thanks!