PDA

View Full Version : Hope everyone made it thru the storm OK

Sir Knight
07/13/2004, 10:43 PM
I had power out for almost two hours, but no major problems.
I will take a ride tomorrow to see how my townhouse made it thru the storm. Hopefully no problems

doublee8
07/13/2004, 11:42 PM
Power was OK, but this 130 foot OAK TREE laying over the top of my house didn't fair so well. Will have the chain saw agoing tomorrow morning.

rcmike
07/14/2004, 06:14 AM
Oh man, sorry to hear about that! Did it do much damage to the house? It didn't get too bad here in Dickson.

doublee8
07/14/2004, 07:10 AM
It ripped gutters off the front and came through a window, but I went up in the attic last night and there wasn't any damage yet, but it is a lot of weight sitting on the roof. Just went to sunbelt and home depot to get extra chainsaws for the job to try to get at least the weight off quick before the roof does actually "give in".

kevlouie
07/14/2004, 08:05 AM
Holy crap hang in there Eric! A co-worker is late cutting up trees in his yard too this morning. I stood outside for the gust front, it was pretty wild.

EvilMel
07/14/2004, 01:20 PM
Man my power was out for like 5-6 hours last night becase of some trees hitting the lines. I wrote a huge description of what Brent and I did during the power outage, which included two trips to Wal-mart, in the ETRC forum.

So if anyone wants to see what an idiot I am, you can just go read it. :P

jslomo420
07/14/2004, 06:50 PM
Doublee8, a tree crushed my sisters car in a storm last week sorry about your luck. Silver Lining- Firewood all winter

fishdoc11
07/14/2004, 07:33 PM
My power was out for 10 hours. At least now I have that generator I have allways wanted:-)
Chris

sunamoon
07/15/2004, 09:21 AM
We did not lose power this time thank goodness. but part of our roof came up. kenny, my hubby spent most of his evening fixing it. we are in Robertson cty. My sister who is on the edge of sumner cty. did not have power for 15 hours. my sister was really freaking about her 55 gal.
my mothers power was out from 9 30 pm til 3 30 wed. The lightning split a tree in half. half the tree landed over her roof. then took the back half of the roof off the stock barn.

can you tell we live in a very rural area? Crossplains TN. a little piece of heaven til you have no power!!

so far there has ben no ill effects from the power being out so long. do you think thats due to the live rock?
take care all