07/05/2004, 09:37 AM
I have way 2 much of it and it is war time now :rollface: :rollface:
I have 2 algae blenys
2 physco mandarins!
1 large yellow tang
1 Large purple Tang
1 med Hippo Tang
1 huge purple star 16 inch across
1-10 inch and that is from side 2 side !
2-black neon gobies
6-green chromis
1-half black angel
2 huge cleaner shrimps and come see the rest !
I and the tank need help

Hedonist
07/06/2004, 06:09 AM
Sorry but I got to askt he obvious ?s like what are your water parameters and do you use well or RO water? How much/often do you feed etc...? Do you think this is just a phase or has your system matured?

Can you grow macro algae to take up the nutrients and maybe starve the hair?

I gotta admit once I switched over to RO, my tanks has been amazingly clean.... I feel bad casue I bought an algae blenny to help keep it trimmed..... I got him about the same time I put in an RO system...well the algae quickly went away and the blenny never took a liking to nori, spaghetti algae I have in the tank nor flake food .... I havenot seen him for a few weeks, I think he is a gonner

I presume it is the tank with the window in the background, could this also be a factor? Can you out a background on the tank to block the light? I ham not sure that is a factor cause I have read some people have systems in greenhouses...?
Just some ideas!

I would love to see your tanks someday!
denise

SOMEthinsFISHY
07/06/2004, 03:13 PM
Yes denise this tank is in a mostly glass house and i would never block out any thing i even have some 210 gal tanks in a green house room
brian has seen these tanks and i know i can get around this problem some how
hope it is a phase and brian says my water parameters are ok

tank is about year old being broken down to exchange tanks in a 12 hour period about 5 months ago !

natybug
07/06/2004, 10:31 PM
Just some ideas:

A ton of snails; sea hare(s); lettuce nudibranches.

SOMEthinsFISHY
07/07/2004, 06:40 AM
lettuce nudibranches i will have 2 reserch that !!

YES denise sun gets into my Tank from 5:30 to 7:00 am every morn but i could not give that up nor could the inhabitants !