PDA

View Full Version : My Aquatic Shrimp Fram

Wankel
10/03/2001, 09:24 AM
Dear Dr. and all

http://communities.msn.com/SeaTank/shrimpfram.msnw

This is my first prototype, I am trying to breed some peppermint shrimp in Hong Kong.

Please feel free to comment.

Wankel:p

FMarini
10/03/2001, 12:42 PM
Wankel:
Great setup....all those tanks are they interconnected??/
So I suspect you'll have NO problem getting shrimp to breed and release fertile eggs. My concern si...what the heck are you gonna feed the babies. If i recall correctly many of thee shrimp go thru long developmental stages where the shrimp eats incredibly small foods(on the order of invertbrate larvae). Are you familar w/ any special foods for these cultures?
Please let us know what your plans are as far as feeding and rearing these critters.
Also check out the breeders registry as there are a few reports there on breeding of some ornamental inverts.
Good luck
frank

Wankel
10/03/2001, 09:28 PM
FMarini,

Yes, they are all connected.:)

My procedure in mind are as follow:rolleyes:

1) Hold and Help the adult to have have babys:p
2) When the babys come, Min. the Current and add instant algea
Hope it is the suitable food and will not filterout those babys.:confused:
3) Keep feeding the small food and mix the larger food after stage 3 of the babys "with long leg".
4) Wait for babys landing, change the food ratio with 10:0 to 0:10 for IA:freezen Brine shrimp weekly.
5) SUCCESS :bum:

I hope it can work.

Wankel:)

FMarini
10/04/2001, 10:15 AM
I hope so too.......
I'm still curious as to what size of food the shrimp larvae need, and if this size food is commerically available or at least producable my you. Guess we'll find out
best of luck
frank

percula
10/04/2001, 04:01 PM
Good luck and nice setup! - perc