PDA

View Full Version : new anenome or new clowns?

Spikehs
10/02/2001, 09:31 PM
Hey all,

I have a 80gal tank moderately stocked tank. Right now i have a bta and 2 tank raise occelaris clowns, needless to say netiher are tanking to eachother. The clowns have no interst whatsoever, they just stay in their corner and never leave.

my question was, do you think it would be better to get rid of the clowns (and get ones that host bta's) or get rid of the anenome, in favor of ones the clowns might go in (i was thinking carpet anenome) I need the clowns to stay small, and dont want to get a massive anenome either...what do you guys think?

what would be my best chance for success in getting this relationship working?? thanks...

Carlos
10/03/2001, 10:23 AM
Ocellaris nor Perculas are hosted naturally by BTA. Only in captivity they accept a BTA but not all of them do. In your case, they have not.

How long have you had the anemone for?

If you have a healthy speciment, I would definitely not get rid of it. Now a days, it is becoming kind of hard to find a "healthy" speciment.

If you decide to get rid of the clowns, I would prolly get maroon clowns. In the wild, they are hosted by BTAs so your chances of getting them both together increase.

HTH,

Carlos