PDA

View Full Version : DSB going, going, gone

Scout
07/02/2004, 09:23 AM
Preping today and will disassemble tank tomorrow. If anyone still believes in DSB, now would be the time to get some of this sand and possibley speghetti worms, mini and/or micro stars. PM me if interested.

Mike

dvlhzdu
07/09/2004, 12:45 PM
Any update on how the extraction went? How much water volume did you gain and how long did the process take?

Scout
07/09/2004, 02:45 PM
It's a done deal. I prepared all day Friday, making water, constructing the eggcrate support, buying a 45 gal trash can.
Started actual de-construction around 10 am and finished at 3 pm on Sat. Not sure what my actual water volume was, but I ended up putting in approx 65 gals (72 gal tank). Within 2 hours all corals perked up. It's been 6 days so far and I'm actually seeing some new growth in my zoos. Went to Exoctic Aquatics Sunday and bought a cheap monti frag as a sacrificial piece. So far it's still alive. I know it's still too early to draw any conclusions, but so far so good!

Mike

Scout
07/09/2004, 02:49 PM
As a side note: I had a hard time trying to figure out what to do with my LTA and the mated clowns. As you know, LTAs need deep sand. My wife came up with the idea of using one of those clear Glad containers, filled it with Southdown and "planted" the LTA in it. So far that is also working out great.

Mike

dvlhzdu
07/09/2004, 05:46 PM
Glad to hear it did you get any takers on the nitrate you removed?

Baalz
07/09/2004, 07:46 PM
4 yr old dsb in one tank doing great, two year dsb in another hummin along.