PDA

View Full Version : Circle City Aquarium Club Meeting

plantguy
06/30/2004, 09:17 PM
Just in case anyone is interested, Morgan Lidster of Inland Aquatics is the speaker for the July meeting of the Circle City Aquarium Club. The meeting is this thursday night, July 1st, at the Garfield Park Conservatory, just south of downtown Indy at 7:30pm.

Directions can be found at: http://www.garfieldgardensconservatory.org/

Jonathan...

bobbittle
06/30/2004, 11:51 PM
Hey there Jonathan....what's been happening? Get your SPS tank going?

-Travis

plantguy
07/01/2004, 12:04 PM
Hey Trav!

Yeah, the SPS tank is up, although I think I am going to switch the PC lighting out for a HQI, and some t-5 actinics. Been playing with the ponds too much to start adding frags yet. Ready for those endler fems?

Jonathan...

phishy_smell
07/01/2004, 01:49 PM
Damn the luck, going to the Van Halen show tonight...

bobbittle
07/01/2004, 03:26 PM
Sure I'll take some, don't need alot though, maybe 5 or 6. Unless you want to bring some in for the store that we could buy off of you. Question for you, what are those two brichardi-looking cichlids in the display tank? They bred and now have a cloud of about 200 fry hovering arond them.

DensityMan
07/01/2004, 04:51 PM
Bah... short notice sucks... (LOL)

I was under the impression that the CCAC was a fresh-water club...?

plantguy
07/01/2004, 07:01 PM
Yeah, sorry about the short notice... I wish I had thought about it earlier.

CCAC is an Aquarium club, we dont care what you keep in it. :) While the majority of the members are FW people, a good number of us have salt as well. Also the club is a MASNA listed club.

Jonathan...

DensityMan
07/01/2004, 08:33 PM
good to know...

Thanks!

Scott Joniec
07/02/2004, 12:11 AM
I wish I had seen your post about SW being accepted too earlier. Why does the website lean so much towards the FW? I was impressed with the order to the website and monthly meetings. My question now is join them or is there a way that we could possibly setup something similar. First let me say I should no means have the right to say much of any of what I am going to say so please don't blast me. I'm new and just observing. What I have noticed is that we have a lot of people really interasted in the hobby / way of life 8), but it sounds like it is really hard to decide where and when to have meetings. It sounds like we need to have a place that would allow several small tanks to be setup for trades, plenty of room and some type of structure. Maybe this is in place again I haven't went to any of the meeting so far. I am only saying what I see. Maybe we need some type of membership, leaders, on going location etc. Can anyone tell me if I am way off base or if not is anyone intereasted in this?

plantguy
07/02/2004, 01:35 AM
Well, the website is about to be revamped, the one that is currently up is pretty old, the new one will be much better, with forums and such. Trades happen often at the meeting, and we also have a members auction at each meeting, so that wouldnt be a problem. Personally, Id love to see you all come to the meetings, but at the same time, I would be more than willing to help with getting INMAS going as well. Im a sucker for clubs. :)

Jonathan...
AGA
ALA
ACA
MASNA
AWGS
NAWGS
AKCA
CCAC
EAA
PADI
I know I forgot a few... heh heh

Scott Joniec
07/02/2004, 01:46 AM
I don't want the wrath of the board coming down on me so I hope that I said all of that in a good postive manner. I am wondering though if it should be posted in a new thread