PDA

View Full Version : Starting another 55 gallon...

SHOmuchFUN
06/30/2004, 12:08 PM
I'm going to try and start another 55 gallon aquarium in my girlfriend's parent's house/business. They run a community care home in their own home. They have a large space and thought I would donate my old pine stand that fit my 55 gallon, so all they would need is a donor 55gal tank. Obviously if the price is right on a bigger tank, they'd be more than obliged to go bigger, but I also have my CSL 48" PC hood that I could sell them, so I'd like to keep the 4' width.

I don't know if anybody has anything lying around that they don't need anymore and would like to get rid of. I'm going to need anything and everything from salt to a protein skimmer. Probably won't run a sump because of the sophistication of it all... Key here is to keep it simple. This will be a predominantly FOWLR system. They're more intrested in keeping colorful fish (yes, and NEMOS) than they are about keeping purple monsters and tyrees :lol:

Could have another member if all goes well... I told her though, that we are her professors and there WILL be an exam before she can add her first fish :rollface:

Brad A.
06/30/2004, 09:17 PM
I have a near full 150g bucket of Instant Ocean that Id sell for $30.

tsalter
07/01/2004, 08:20 PM
Brad what are you running now for salt? Oceanic?

erik- is it going to be a fish only? I dunno what I have to offer I think i have some IO salt to that I could give. frags if they need em.

fishfarmer
07/01/2004, 08:52 PM
Well if you wanted to run a sump, I would be willing to sell you a CPR overflow and CPR SR2 skimmer really cheap.

Brad A.
07/02/2004, 08:30 AM
I'm currently using tropic marin but want to switch over to oceanic.

I might be interested in the overflow for my prop tank. Does it require a powerhead to keep the siphon going? How much?

Brad

fishfarmer
07/02/2004, 08:48 PM
Brad,

It's a CPR CS50, they recommend using a powerhead to keep bubbles from collecting in the top or at least having an airline tubing connected to it with a constant siphon going. When I used it I had it connected to my sump pump via airline and didn't have problems with it. I think if you really crank the flow through them bubbles won't form as much, but I didn't play around with it too much.

I'll sell it for $25. It needs a good soak in vinegar though.

Brad A.
07/02/2004, 09:08 PM
I'll take the overflow. I'm trying to get my prop tank up and going.

Brad

Are you going to be at the meeting on Tues? If so, I'll bring money.

SHOmuchFUN
07/02/2004, 11:45 PM
Hahaha, I thought this was my donation forum?

S'okay though. I don't think they were going to run a sump anyway. Probably just a simple HOB setup. I don't want to be responsible for any floods!

First thing is first for them though, need to find a new/used 55 gallon. I think it'll be a good size for a starter Fish Only setup, plus I already have a donor stand and I'll sell her my CSL hood... They may run some corals, but nothing serious like acros or feeding LPS.

Brad A.
07/03/2004, 08:36 AM
No acros?

Sorry for hijacking your donation thread, I'll think of something I can donate. Maybe a net or a powerhead.

fishfarmer
07/03/2004, 02:50 PM
Brad,

Yes I'm going to the meeting, you're bringing me a nepthia frag:D , so you won't have to bring as much money for the overflow.:p

Later, Al

SHOmuchFUN
07/04/2004, 10:42 PM
I'm just kidding... I'll have to post again when the date is closer. I just didn't know if anybody had a 55 or similar 48" long tank they had lying around and wanted to sell, along with any other equipment like a protein skimmer, etc. etc.