PDA

View Full Version : Love to see the sights

michaelmcl47
06/24/2004, 11:52 AM
Good day or evening everyone,
I was planning on going to the dallas/forth worth area in the next few weeks and love to see some of the fine saltwater stores there.I am sure with all of you fine people there you might be able to steer a follow reefer to some of the better stores.Also like to see some of the public tanks around the area too!!
thanks
Michael McLaughlin

buyitjody
06/24/2004, 02:24 PM
Hi!

Well, I would say go out to our club forum and post this same question so you can get more than one opinion. Go to:
DFWmas Forum (http://www.dfwmas.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?)

Look at some of the forum sponsors. Some places I have been that I like are TranquilScape, Dallas Marine (run out of owners home), and Pet-o-rama. These are a good 30minutes - 45minutes apart from each other, so you might want to say what area you will exactly be visiting (North Dallas, Mid-cities, Ft. Worth) when you post. That way folks in that area will respond.

Hope that helps!
Jody

michaelmcl47
06/24/2004, 03:54 PM
Thanks Jody.
I might not just be looking though I am thinking of buying a few things when I am there.Hopefully I can find some of that elkhorn (purple/white tips) Who knows though.The tank is climated six months now and have a few coral which are doing very well.
Thanks again
Michael

buyitjody
06/24/2004, 03:59 PM
I would say if you have a list of specific corals you are looking for, then go to some of the sponsors' forums out at DFWmas and ask them if they have it(them). Then you won't have to travel "around the world". Some might even order it for you or check into ordering it for you.

Jody

michaelmcl47
06/24/2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks again Jody,
We dont mind the drive since we are trying to get away fromit all if you know what I mean.I just registered with the forum but,I have to wait until I am cleared before I can post there.
Michael

jmishio
06/24/2004, 10:57 PM
Michael,

Definitely drop your question onto the forum when you get a chance. You may wnt to look into the Dallas World Aquarium in the "West End" in downtown dallas. It's worth a walk through and the "West End" is a good area to get a bite to eat. See you in the forums ;)

Josh

melev
06/26/2004, 04:04 AM
Fish Gallery in Dallas has nice stuff, and Saltwater Paradise in Irving always has a lot of corals available. Fish Paradise in s/w Ft Worth usually has something unusual for sale in the fish or invertebrate family.

melev
06/26/2004, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by michaelmcl47
Thanks again Jody,
We dont mind the drive since we are trying to get away fromit all if you know what I mean.I just registered with the forum but,I have to wait until I am cleared before I can post there.
Michael

Btw, if you've not already followed the steps outlined in the auto-email you received when you signed up, you need to do so. If you need more info, it is explained on the FAQ page at the top of the forums page.

michaelmcl47
06/26/2004, 06:18 AM
thanks guy for the input.I dont have the email setup in the dallas club forum yet but will do that as I drink my coffee this morning thanks :D