PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for additions

Neonguy95
06/20/2004, 04:59 PM
Since LargeJohn is the only one to see my tank so far I will give you all the low down.

55 gallon 40 lbs live rock, 45 dry reef that is growing into live rock. 260 PC's. 2x330 gph powerheads, 1x110gph, 1x60 gallon over the back filter, 1 40 gallon over the back filter (niether run filters unless needed otherwise the just flow water, 2x 150 Seaclone skimmers.

Live stock: 1 Royal Gramma, 2 False clowns, 2 peppermint shirmp, various snails and hermit crabs.

I am looking to add somemore fish over the next several months. Want to keep small fish so that there can be more. I was visiting my other site Reefsanctuary.com one of the guys over the suggested green chromis. They are a schooling, peaceful fish according to liveaquaira.com

Does anyone here have any? I have a honeycomb chromis that has been removed from the large tank and is now living with the Velvet Damsel in the 20 gallon. He was picking on the new gramma.

What do you guys/gals think? Need some fish that are pretty, and fun to watch. The Clowns are amazing their realtionship is a blast to watch.

Red Sea Purple Tang
06/20/2004, 11:19 PM
Hey Rust!

I have a small school, 5, of Green Chromis and they are a sweet fish. They will school more when you first put them in as their environment is new, after that they stay in a close area to each other. Very peaceful, hardy fish.

You're more than welcome to come over and check them out.

Hope this helps.

SoupySteve
06/21/2004, 02:18 PM
My two favorite fish in my tank are my sixline wrasse and my flame angel - they follow each other around and they eat ANYTHING - they seem quite healthy and hardy. The downside - the PRICE. The sixline isn't too bad but my angel was $40 and I was fortunate to get it for that price.