PDA

View Full Version : Checked out Sea Dwellers and Friends yesterday in Angola (north of FtW)

castor
06/20/2004, 07:17 AM
A person I work with who I found out keeps SW tanks told me to check this place out. I was actually somewhat impressed but was unable to do much of any browseing as I got there at like 5:55 and they close at 6. Even though they were closeing they took their time and helped me out and showed me what they had and helped me find what I was looking for.

What sold me though was their LR. No, it's not the absolute best with the best price, but for the area I think it very much overshadows any other place. They carry primarily Bahli that is cured, and they had some really nice pieces. They were all of decent size too (not huge, and not rubble). Best thing was the price - $6/lbs. For 25 or more lbs, $5.75, for over 50lbs, $5. Now, if you compare that to the prices of $11-$13/lbs fpr rock that isn't nearly as nice, you can see why I was happy.

I picked up 4 pieces (6.5lbs) for my 10g and might post some pictures later today.

Oh, and the people there seemed to actually be pretty knowledgeable, something I am finding is rare for this area.

Anybody else from the area ever been there? What do you think of the place?

As I said I got there as they were closing but what I did see looked pretty good. If you are in the area or live around Fort Wayne, I would definately check it out.

castor
06/20/2004, 10:34 PM
Went again today to have a bit of a longer look. I would rate the place as average, not very large, not a huge selection. They did say they sold out a lot of SW stuff over the last few days and where pretty low on stock though.

Prices are also average, but the good thing is their LR. Definate best price in the area.

They had some decent looking corals, nothing great, but they looked mostly healthy.

They said they were going to soon start sending out a weekly news letter with current stock. They apparently get some of the harder to find fish.

Scalare102079
06/23/2004, 11:01 PM
I was there about 2 months ago. The guy was very helpful. Bought a couple of Pocillipora, a Green Polyping Toadstool, and a few zoanthids. Descent prices and even offered to frag from his home tank if I just gave him a call. Fish selection on that day was not great, but the tanks were very clean. Enjoyed watching the "tides" flow in the bins towards the back of the store.

castor
06/26/2004, 08:25 PM
Stopped by there again today to pick up a couple more snails and was happy with what I saw from their new shipment.

They had both queen and fighting conchs which I don't think I've seen anywhere else around here, about 6-8 nice acropora frags (small) for not too much already on plugs, a bunch of tank raised clowns and was told they are going to be trying to get more tank raised fish, those weird lettuce something slug things which where really nice and big, about 4-5 inches long, some small clams (only like 1.5" across) for not a bad price, and like about 6-8 different kinds of macro algaes.

It's actually closer for me than Ft. Wayne, so I'm thinking they will be getting my business for now.