PDA

View Full Version : How does RC work?

edsreef
09/27/2001, 01:25 PM
I've read in various posts bits and pieces of how this site operates and it's tweaked my interest and appreciation of those who keep it going. Could someone briefly describe how it all works? How do you keep the experts here? If the moderators are volunteers, what are thier jobs and how are they able to devote so much time here? How do you pay for all the hardware and administration?
Don't get me wrong, I don't have any ulterior motives. I just think it's a great site and others should know the hard work and sacrifice that goes into it.:)

JohnL
09/27/2001, 02:33 PM
How do you keep the experts here?

We don't keep them here, they are here voluntarily :)

If the moderators are volunteers, what are their jobs and how are they able to devote so much time here?

All the moderators and administrators are volunteers. Some of us spend a lot of time in front of the computer for a living and can check in and out frequently. Other do not and check in while they are not working.

How do you pay for all the hardware and administration?

Through our sponsorship fees and commissions from the book store.

I just think it's a great site and others should know the hard work and sacrifice that goes into it.

Thank you. I do too :)
--
Peace - John

Flame*Angel
09/27/2001, 06:36 PM
I wish more in life worked the way RC does - people doing the work because it's needed and appreciated not because of what they get out of it, people being given what they need free of charge and giving to others as needed.

pamsreef
09/27/2001, 07:58 PM
What a great question!

I've often wondered the same thing.

I have to give the people of Reef Central my sincere thanks.

Your the Best!

Pamsreef