PDA

View Full Version : ***Warning: Dishonest member***

cab5er
06/17/2004, 12:34 AM
Rurouni Kenshin wrote on 06/17/2004 04:29 AM:
I am very sorry the Montipora Cap is a Purple rimmed cap and it may or may not get better coloration inside the cap as it never fully colored up under my lighting that was the frag that i got from someone else and if there is anything i can do let me know please. is the green acro you gave me perhaps a green slimer?
[quote]

Here is the message sent to me after I traded him a blue tipped ORA acro. Doesn't mention anything about the cap being brown in his tank before the trade. From the looks of it he gave me a brown cap frag for my ora blue tipped frag. It feels like I got shafted in this deal. I will not do business with this kid again. I am warning all the members here about member "Rurouni Kenshin" and his shady way of trading frags. Just a heads up and proceed at your own risk with this kid.

Eric

lebowski
06/17/2004, 01:33 AM
Trader Feedback Forum (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=142)

:)

crrichey
06/17/2004, 01:52 AM
It's not fair to just go out and start a thread about a person. Did you talk to him yet? It could be just an honest mistake.

reefer on a budget
06/17/2004, 01:55 AM
lesson learned....make sure u exchange pics of what you're trading rather than relying on one's description of a coral. you can have several people look at a coral and each one will probably have a different description of it.
if this frag was shipped, keep in mind corals do lose color from the stressful transit and you should give them several weeks to color up. even then, because all tank environments are different, u may not achieve the same coloration described or seen in a different tank...
so many factors as you probably know already
im sure this person you traded w/ didnt have bad intentions and perhaps there was miscommunication on both ends.

cab5er
06/17/2004, 02:53 AM
All I'm saying is that he knowingly gave wrong descriptions of his coral and admitted that it was brown in his tank but this was after the fact. He said it was purple so he could get a trade. who wants brown stuff anyways? That was the reply I got after the trade so obviousely he knew it was a brown cap..... I just wouldn't trade with him again, and just posting my experience with this member that is all. For the person that think it is unfair to post a thread about other members, think about how you would feel after getting this reply from the trader after he told you the cap was purple the whole time before the trade. I learned my lesson I just won't trade with people unless they got pictures now.

Eric

crrichey
06/17/2004, 03:57 AM
Sounds like this is a problem between you and him. There is no reason for spreading anything about anyone. In the long run, if he is trully making bad deals with others, karma will catch up with him. There is no need to bring bad things apon him, just like him trading you a "brown" coral.

greenb
06/17/2004, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by FLCL787!
Sounds like this is a problem between you and him. There is no reason for spreading anything about anyone. In the long run, if he is trully making bad deals with others, karma will catch up with him. There is no need to bring bad things apon him, just like him trading you a "brown" coral.

Wow! Your right in the fact that the problem is between them. But I believe the intent of Cab5er was to give the rest of us a heads up so that we don't make the same mistake with Rurouni Kenshin as he did.

Whether it was intentional or not I appreciate the heads up. This wouldn't stop me from trading with Rurouni Kenshin, but I would have to see a picture of whatever I'm trading for.

imbuggin
06/17/2004, 09:39 AM
for the record. I have seen Rurouni Kenshin post my pictures of my blue tort and lead people to believe it were his/hers.

I know nothing else about them though. It may have just been a missunderstanding. I don't know if thier intention was to mislead. They seemed to clear it up later in the thread.

Rurouni Kenshin
06/17/2004, 09:41 AM
I admit i should have sent him a picture sooner but i did say that it was a purple rimmed cap before we traded. I should have been more specific in saying that the coral is brown in my and anothers pc lit tank. cab5er if there is anything i can do to make it up to you please let me know. the only other coral i didn't trade you was a green monti and if you would like i will give you a frag just as big as the other frags i gave you.

Very Sorry, Rich

Rurouni Kenshin
06/17/2004, 10:01 AM
And it could turn out looking like reeferonabudget's top right pic in his avatar. heres a pick of the cap that Rod fragged for me i got only a 3-4 inch peice.........
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/555/55903Montifrag1.jpg

Rurouni Kenshin
06/17/2004, 10:41 AM
i dont think it ever colored up but under halides i am positive it will get a nice purple rim that is what people have said about this frag after they put it under halides and it did get a purple rim.

Rurouni Kenshin
06/17/2004, 11:00 AM
And didn't you say "can any one selling a frag of of that purple rim cap. been drooling over that. let me know if any one wants to sell if their's is getting big. thanks

Eric" in the pics of caps forum? if so then i think when it colors up in your tank you should really like it...............unless you were talking about that green with purple rim.........

cab5er
06/17/2004, 01:29 PM
Alright,
What is done is done. I am over it. I appreciate you trying to make things right by offering other frags and admitting your mistake. Its a principal thing you know. Just please give "correct descriptions of what it is before you trade that is all. I won't hold this against you cause your just a kid and younger ones tend to make mistakes. But the sad thing is that ora acro will probably turn brown under your PCs, i don't even know if it'll survive under PCs. Oh..FLCL787!: Do you not know how to read! All I'm doing is giving my experience with a certain member to the community so they are more careful when dealing with this individual or others. Other people appreciate the heads up. any ways this is the last time I will post on this thread. Checking out. Happying reefing everyone!!!

Eric

reefer on a budget
06/17/2004, 01:48 PM
threads like this belong in the feedback forum.

you live and you learn

Rurouni Kenshin
06/17/2004, 01:55 PM
Thank you for forgiving me Eric. this isnt in the feedback forum? what forum is it in than?

reefer on a budget
06/17/2004, 01:59 PM
oh wait...i guess they recently moved the thread. it used to be in the general discussion forum

crrichey
06/17/2004, 02:27 PM
See, maybe you should have talked with him first before starting a thread. I can understand if he said, "I don't care, as long as I have your frag Im happy, muwahahahahah!" LOL, jk!

rethor
06/17/2004, 04:25 PM
The frag in question came from a colony in my tank. Under 300 W's of PC they have a pinkish/purple tint on the edges. I traded a frag from the very same colony to Todd in SF a couple of days later. He sent me a PM a couple of days after he put it under his MH's and said it developed much more purple coloration around the edges and was quite pleased with it. I got the original frag that grew into my colony from a tank that was under intense MH and the edges were a deep purple, but the body is still mostly brown. I believe it's a fairly common aquarium coral, as I've seen it in photos of several tanks. It just does different things under different light sources.
As for the young man's integrity- I traded several frags with him and was completely satisfied. I think he even understated the quality of what he had. The red mushrooms I got from him are some of the best looking discosoma I've seen, and the other frags are thriving. If there was a misunderstanding, I'd say it was just that- a misunderstanding. I would have no problem in dealing with him again, and found him perfectly honest.

luvmyreef
06/18/2004, 07:26 PM
I agreeSee, maybe you should have talked with him first before starting a thread. I can understand if he said, "I don't care, as long as I have your frag Im happy, muwahahahahah!" LOL, jk!

I agree with cab5er, maybe to just warn to keep heads up and eyes open, maybe it didn't have to be as negative. I was looking at this person for a very expensive trade on my part and I appreciate the warning. Not to say I wouldn't trade with them. It did give the opportunity to warn and him respond. I have so far only traded onceand it was local. If nothing else that was so awsome I think that is the way I will do my dealings so that we both have the chance to walk away. What I may think is so awsome in my tank the advaced aqaurius may think totolly s*cks. Lighting also does make a difference, so there is no gaurantee on satisfaction here. Yeap local for me.

luvmyreef
06/18/2004, 07:42 PM
Rethor
Thanks for the nicer post...maybe this thread should end here!
Rurouni Kenshin. Thanks for your offer on trade and this thread has not changed my mind on trading with you. Maybe later since I already got my devilshand

Rurouni Kenshin
06/18/2004, 08:09 PM
Oh thats ok mine is still kinda small any way