PDA

View Full Version : some stuff for sale

VegasMike
06/15/2004, 05:45 PM
I have a few things that I would like to unload for the right price. Make an offer and we'll see. I am not trying to auction these items. I just don't know what to expect for them. If my thoughts are unrealistic, then I won't sell them. I may donate them to my son's school. I have the following:

Furniture grade stand and canopy for a tank with a 72"x18" footprint (120 or 150 gallons standard) Kind of a mahogany color
Lifereef Sump with 2 cylinders for filtration media. The sump has a star type crack that has an acrylic patch on both sides (inside and out)
Lifereef VS2-24 skimmer that fits into the sump.
6' retrofit lighting that includes the reflector and 3 mogul sockets and 2 96 watt PC brackets. I also have the 175watt ballasts and PC ballast fro the light.
Chiller for a 150 gallon tank - Aquanetics, I think - It's loud, but works well.
Temp controller for above chiller - single stage I think
Kold-Steril water filtration unit with new cartridges.
Maybe some other stuff that I haven't thought of.

I'll try to take some pics if I remember and anyone is actually interested.

Mike

Nanighan
06/15/2004, 09:46 PM
Mike how much for stand and canopy. is it in good condition.

opihi
06/15/2004, 11:39 PM
Mike,
what's the dimensions of the sump? any pics?

LVfishguy
06/16/2004, 10:26 AM
The175wtt ballast a MH I am assuming. Might look into that for the store...

VegasMike
06/16/2004, 11:08 AM
I have been thinking and talking it over with the BOSS. Here are some of the conclusions.

The stand and canopy are in great condition. My 150 was in our foyer and everyone that came over had to see it and stare at for a while so my wife would not accept anything other than nice. I would say that the only thing that would key to you that it was not new would be the inside of the canopy. I would like to get $500 for the stand and canopy as that is close to what I could get from a local store from them. I will try and get some pics at lunch.

The sump, if I remember right, is 30"x12". You can actually see a picture of it at www.lifereef.com in their custom section. It was letter "T" the last I checked, but I will have to verify that. As for price, make an offer. Remember, it does have a crack I intend to fix by placing acrylic sheets over the inside and outside of the entire crack. It should work just fine.

The Ballasts are MH. The retrofit light kit was from Hamilton, I think. It included a 6' reflector with 3x175watt MH plus 2x96watt PC's. They are single and dual magnetic ballasts. Again, make an offer if interested. Might even consider a trade...

Mike

LVfishguy
06/16/2004, 01:53 PM
are you going to be at the meeting on sunday? If so We might be able to work something out for the lights...I am really looking into upgrading that tank and Wanye is will to do so al long at it doesn't cost him an arm and a leg. Yeah us!

VegasMike
06/16/2004, 03:42 PM
Here are some pics of the stand.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8977stand_left.jpg

stand from the right with the top access door closed

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8977stand_left_closed.jpg

Stand with the doors open

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8977stand_door_open.jpg

Here is a picture of the filter with the skimmer still in it.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8977filter.jpg

Here is a picture of the crack:( . After looking at it some more, I am thinking about repairing it by dremeling out the crack and filling it with some sort of liquid acrylic or epoxy. It looks like it might be difficult to get a piece of acrylic on the inside. The outside would be a piece of cake though.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8977filter_crack.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions. The lighting would be OK for a store tank that might be a little shallower or if you put shelves in the tank so that the higher light species were closer to the top. I kept my Squamosa, a few SPS and a bunch of other stuff in my 150 without a problem.

Mike

VegasMike
06/16/2004, 03:46 PM
Probably won't be at the meeting on Sunday due to plans my wife has already made fro Fathers' Day.:( :D

Let me know otherwise. Do you have any accounts up in Summerlin or on the NW part of town? The lights aren't really going anywhere soon. I have not and probably will not post them for sale outside of LV.

Nanighan
06/17/2004, 01:41 AM
Mike do you have any pics with the 150 setup with the canopy and stand. so far looks good!

opihi
06/17/2004, 01:52 AM
Hey Mike,
i was just browsing through your gallery. did you identify those SPS munchers? i've never seen those before.

LVfishguy
06/17/2004, 08:35 AM
I am out in Summerlin all the time actually. I have Two tanks that maintain in Summerlin hospital every tuesday. I also dropped it on my mother and she was interested in doing something so hopefully we can come to an arrangement here soon.

VegasMike
06/17/2004, 11:22 AM
Here is the 150 before everything was transferred.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/8977PA15851116317.jpg

Nanighan
06/18/2004, 02:04 AM
Mike check your PM.

VegasMike
07/06/2004, 11:07 AM
OK, I still have some stuff left and I found some other stuff that might be of interest.

First, I hope the lighting is working out for you Chris.

Second, please post a picture of the new tank when you get it set up Ron. Let me know how the stand and canopy work out.

So, here is what is left:

Filter with crack from Lifereef $50 unrepaired (is that a word)
Lifereef VS2-24 skimmer $175 w/o pump, $200 w/ old pump
Kold Steril water filtration with new cartridges $100
Chiller, drop-in style for a 150 incl controller $100
3/4" Sea swirl $75

I'll have to check at home tonight and see what else I've got.

Mike

TippyToeX
07/06/2004, 05:02 PM
Sent you a PM Mike. :)

Nanighan
07/07/2004, 01:55 AM
Mike its going to be a while before the new tank gets set up, but I will take a pic when the tank is on the stand. BTW after adding some wood polish the stand and canopy looks more amazing than before!

dj synystr
07/07/2004, 02:18 AM
would you be willing to ship the chiller and controller? if so please how much to 18015. do you have one chiller or two. is the drop in the one listed originally? please send reply to synystr@tmail.com for a faster reply.

dj synystr
07/07/2004, 02:21 AM
sorry forgot also interested in the sea swirl thanks in advance.

VegasMike
07/07/2004, 01:04 PM
Actually, I am limiting the sale to Las Vegas Reefers. The Chiller is very heavy and would be awkward to ship and pack. That is why I listed the stuff on the Las Vegas Club forum and not the "for Sale" forum.

Sorry and good luck.

orionsmamma
07/13/2004, 12:40 AM
Ok..I have a stupid question, but please keep in mind that I am fairly new at this. What is a sea swirl? Is it a power head?

TIA

Donna

Nevermind. I amswered my own question. I would delete the post, but RC wont let me.

Thanks!

opihi
07/13/2004, 11:20 AM
Hey Mike,
do you have a link for the chiller?

thanks,
jeff

VegasMike
07/13/2004, 12:53 PM
No link Jeff, Aquanetics has gone out of business, but you can get parts from Aqualogic.

Mike

opihi
07/13/2004, 01:24 PM
bummer. how about a model number or anything that i can google? is its top rating 150g? i'm interested in it for redundacy if my fans fail.

thanks again

desert_reefer
07/23/2004, 04:07 PM
PM'd ya mike!