PDA

View Full Version : score!

rick rottet
06/15/2004, 04:10 PM
I just picked up (25) 55 gallon plastic drums for $2 each. I work in a nursing home and one of our residents' daughter works at Kraft. She obtained them for me through thier recycling division. BTW the jalepenos do smell yummy. Appearently, Kraft processes and packages sauces for Taco Bell. She is stockpiling another 25 for me when I can get the chance to get back there to pick them up. My greenhouse package shipped from Georgia and arrived in Riverton on Monday. Should be to my house by the end of the week. (Man, those Atlas folks are some of the most polite and likeable people on the planet).

I also wanted to check up on you after your "life surprise". Hope your days are getting better. If not, then 'fake it til ya make it". :D

Anthony Calfo
06/15/2004, 05:09 PM
hey, Rick

outstanding to hear of your score of those food barrels. Really quite handy and a find for greenhouses/aquarium service folks, etc. A good soak with baking soda does temper that odor in the barrels, if you like.

Also great to hear of Atlas' service to you. Its rare that I mention any vendors or products by name in my mainstream publications, but I added atlasgreenhouse.com to the reprints of my Coral Prop book because they really do seem to have a good biz going there. And I can honestly say I have no bias towards them... I've never bought a thing from them nor received any samples, etc. I have simply mentioned them on the merit of their reputation. I appreciate your feedback very much.

As for "life surprises"... the rollercoaster has not stopped yet :( I had a wonderful weekend at IMAC, but am back to "faking it 'til I make it" as you say. To better days. But thank you for your consideration my friend.

Anthony

rick rottet
06/15/2004, 08:53 PM
One Day At A Time (or five minutes at a time when days get too rough-then minutes will grow to hours.....)

Take care of yourself.

Anthony Calfo
06/15/2004, 09:59 PM
very true my friend... and at the risk of waxing poetic, I'm recalling a delightfully melancholy line from a fav song, "[The price of a memory is the memory of the sorry it brings.]" Even if sad, I'm grateful to have the memories at all.

No worries... back to getting lost in wonderful fishy (and coral <G>) escapes. :)

kindly,

Anthony