PDA

View Full Version : Will thetedinator ever find his reefing chakra?

thetedinator
06/14/2004, 11:38 PM
Maybe! Progress is finally being made!

For those of you not following this sad tale, some background...In April I bought Scott B's used PM Calcium Reactor. I then bought a CO2 tank and an econo regulator. Regulator was fedective (that's defective for those who are not dyslexic). I found this out the hard way when it went haywire overnight and dumped a $h|+ load of CO2 into my system. I've been busy with work and IMAC but I recently tried using the broke regulator again, thinking, hey, I just need to tune the mother down to where I get a few bubbles/minute. Wrong, the 2nd try was worse than the 1st dropping the tank pH to 6.5 and killing off microfauna.

Anyway, I have good news! I will soon be one with my SPS! I picked up a beat around, rusty, dinged up old regulator from GregR. It doesn't look like much but it works great. I hooked the beat up regulator up to the PM and am now slowly dialing in the Calcium reactor. No overnight surprises. No pH spike. Tank Alk is stable. Thanks to Carlos and GregR for the regulator.

Ted

cali_reef
06/15/2004, 09:02 AM
Ted,

You don't have the CO2 controled by your aqua controller?

moonpod
06/15/2004, 11:03 AM
yeah, on that note, I don't "rely" on the solenoid, but it's come in handy after a few effluent clogs and power outages.....

thetedinator
06/15/2004, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by cali_reef
Ted,

You don't have the CO2 controled by your aqua controller?

The econo regulator set doesn't have a solenoid. The beat up rusty one does so I have the controller set to shut if off if the pH drops too low.

gregr
06/15/2004, 08:11 PM
good to hear it Ted.
greg

David P
06/16/2004, 10:02 PM
I tried to help with a loaner... Ill keep my fingers crossed for ya Det. Oops Im lysdexic!

Dyslexics, Untie!