PDA

View Full Version : Frag Question

dannanokris
06/14/2004, 09:41 PM
Anyone know where we can find some ricordia frags? Havn't been able to find any, and the fish stores keep telling me if I order the ricordia even if I dont' like it I will have to purchase it. Anyways If anyone knows where I can get some that would be great. Also We wanna thank everyone at the auction. Were very helpful in making are tank look fuller. Will post pics sometime soon.

Dan and kris

AZDesertRat
06/14/2004, 11:31 PM
Aaron from Exotic Sealife in Kingman is contemplating a group buy. You might PM him at sealife and see if he is still considering it. I know if he does it I am definitely in and can probably arrange to pick stuff up.

dannanokris
06/15/2004, 12:44 AM
Yeah that would be nice, do you have his username so i can send him a pm. Also do you know where he is planning on doing the group buy from?
Thx
Dan

AZDesertRat
06/15/2004, 08:29 AM
He goes by sealife. I am not sure where he is going to get them from but he was telling me they can ship ricordeas packed in wet paper towels and you can get 100s in a small box with excellent survival rates so the shipping costs are almost nothing. If you PM him it may take a few days to get an answer as he is working out of town right now.

reefer20G
06/15/2004, 01:32 PM
WOW, I would love to get in on a group Ricordia buy. I overheard the talk about shipping in the wet paper towels at the auction, very interesting. If there is anything I can do to help organize just let me know.

Jason

Tasiamay
06/15/2004, 04:05 PM
I would be interested in the group buy as well. I would love to get a couple colorful ricordias for my nano! I can help to organize as well.

candle_lady
06/15/2004, 07:14 PM
hmmm.. never heard of Rics in wet papertowels before...

But, I might be interested in the group buy also.... always looking for different color rics.

njmar1
06/15/2004, 11:41 PM
Group buy? Count me in!

Fliger
06/17/2004, 01:22 PM
That's funny - I was just thinking of putting in a buy for some nice ricordea. I'm setting up the 20 I got from mojo as a ricordea/zoo tank (along with my hammer, frogspawn & sexy shrimp).

If this happens please LMK.

reefer20G
06/17/2004, 01:26 PM
Hey David, what ever happend with your sand?

Jason

Fliger
06/17/2004, 01:41 PM
It was wretched, despicable garbage with a foul stench that can only be described with words that RC would give the **** to. ;-)

Along with all the usual bad stuff that gets sunk in a DSB, I had other things. A brownish cyano-like algae that was hard to get rid of. You wouldn't want it in your tank.

Sorry - but it truly was foul. I won't do a DSB in my tank again (plus it's a PITA with lots of flow). Think I'll try a remote DSB at the recommendation of Gerard.

-------

reefer20G
06/17/2004, 01:46 PM
So, what do you want for the sand?

Jason

Fliger
06/17/2004, 02:04 PM
Sorry Jason - I wouldn't give it away or take any money for it. I don't have anything special in my DSB. Plus I found some red bugs last month on some SPS and you don't want those.

If you need some sand, I have some extra dry southdown and I still need to pick up a bunch of purearagonite from Mike's. You're more than welcome to some of that.

reefer20G
06/18/2004, 02:37 PM
Well, back on topic. Sorry to hijack - David, I sent you a PM.

Has anyone heard from Aaron? Or asked about any info yet? If not I will shoot him a PM.

Thanks again,
Jason

AZDesertRat
06/18/2004, 04:02 PM
I have sent him a PM.

Jfishdr
06/21/2004, 01:21 AM
This sounds like a good idea and I'm interested. I did get an order of floridia from etropical with free shipping. 4 blues and 16 orange/blue ring for $100. They came in a huge bag of water and all of them made it. Hope that helps. I'll post a pic.

Reed

Jfishdr
06/21/2004, 03:23 PM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/14659two_orange_rics.jpg
This was one big ric that split into two about 2 weeks ago.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/14659orange_bluerics.jpg
These are the blues...the pic isn't that great. They have green mouths and all 3 are slightly different colors of blue from teal to navy.

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/14659babyorangeric.jpg

The little ric at the top was what was left after the base broke off and the stub reformed into a small ric.

I was pleased with the rics in that order.

Reed

dgin
06/22/2004, 02:53 PM
I'd be in for a ric order as well. LMK when you get details.

Thanks!