PDA

View Full Version : Frags for sale or trade

fishdoc11
06/14/2004, 06:21 PM
Hey everyone,
I have several frags for sale or trade for sps I want/don't have.
Tri-color Acro- $25( Yours is reserved Gary) - 5 available
Mike Paletta blue Acro $20-$25 depending on size - 10 available
Green hair Acro $10-$15 depending on size - 2 available
thanks, Chris

gflat65
06/15/2004, 07:40 AM
Chris
I have some blue digitata I could frag and some grape digitata. They are already starting to loose some of the blue and grape colors under my new 10K Ushios (need more 03), but are growing like mad. I also have a medium sized Scripp's Green tip acro that (I might have to drug my wiife in order to frag and suffer the consequences later) I could pull from. I'd be interested in the tricolor and the green hair acro. Just let me know if you are interested.

coralreefing
06/15/2004, 09:55 AM
You could just say "no honey the clown fish did it. Really, I didn't touch it."

fishdoc11
06/15/2004, 12:53 PM
I might be interested in the Scripps. Can you post a pic?
Chris

ed_peters
06/15/2004, 04:30 PM
I might be interested, could you post some pics?

cee
06/15/2004, 05:40 PM
Could you send me pics of blue acro. I have various I could trade; let me know what you're looking for.

Dave

fishdoc11
06/15/2004, 06:59 PM
Please PM me with your email if you would like pictures.
thanks, Chris

gflat65
06/15/2004, 08:52 PM
Chris
Below is a pic of the Scripps green tip. This was taken when I got it. The polyps around the tips are very green too.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/50228Scripps-green-tip.jpg

fishdoc11
06/15/2004, 09:14 PM
Sure! I'll trade for one of those. Did you get it at Ebay and how is it keeping it's color?
thanks, Chris

gflat65
06/16/2004, 09:47 PM
I got it from a little store in my hometown north of Memphis of all places. The place is pretty nice. They are exclusively saltwater. Prices are really nice, but they don't have nearly as much selection as EBay. Owner is pretty cool and will talk your ear off (like me), as will the lady that runs the place. Both pretty cool. The name of the place is Ocean Environments. The Scripps is actually holding the color pretty well right now. It was under (2)-175W (I think-maybe 250W) HQI 10K with (2)-VHO 03 supplementation over an custom shaped 36"+(?) x 24"(?) x 12-14" deep (?). I am currently running (until I get over my fear of actually moving my 55 into the 125) (1)-175W 10k Ushio, (1)-50/50 VHO, and (1)-03 VHO (VHO's several months past prime, but about to switch to new tank) over my 55 (MH centered over one side). The light green tips (upper 1/4-3/8") are starting to be less light green and more medium green. The lower sections still look like they did when I got it (about three weeks ago or so). Under just VHO, the entire body is medium flourescent green with a slight light brown undertone and the polyps are bright flourescent green. The 10K Ushio has faded one of my blue digitata colonies to brown (good thing I have another) and everything has less color, but the Scripps only loses a little when the MH is burning. Everything is growing like mad though, so I can't complain too long about losing some color. The Paletta blue is actually coloring back up from when my 12K went bad and looking pretty nice. I will break a piece off and post a pick of the frag tomorrow if I can get a chance. Work just got exciting (part sarcasm/frustration, part potentially very good news).

I love parenthesis. Greatest gift to grammar:). (Can you tell that I'm a very tangential person?)

fishdoc11
06/17/2004, 07:50 PM
I also use the parenthesis quite a bit. Sometimes I will look at one of my posts and most of it is in parenthesis. I'm not in any hurry but a tri color for Scripps sounds good to me. All of the tri color frags have 3 to 6 branches that are 3/4" to 1 1/2" long.
thanks, Chris

gflat65
06/18/2004, 07:24 AM
fishdoc
this will be about 3/4" long with minimal shoots. I'm interested in the Green hari acro also, so the Scripps might be a better trade for one of those since it won't be able to match the size of you tricolor. I would still buy the tricolor from you though. We can decide when we get everything together. I plan on moving the 55 to 125 thus weekend after a tourney, so hopefully early next week, I'll be ready to swing by. I'm going to leave my stonies in a tupperware tub until I know the 125 is where it should be. That is my only major concern right now. I've moved with everything out of the tank for over 24hrs before and did pretty well. Your house is on the way to work, so I could swing by some afternoon, usually later afternoon and swap. I'll keep you posted on the move.

gflat65
06/18/2004, 07:29 AM
It may be a lot less stress on the Scripps if I get it to you before I tear down the tank. Are you available before late Saturday afternoon? I'm sure the move will go fine. I've done this before, though not on this scale. Hopefully, it's just normal tank upgrade psychosis.

fishdoc11
06/18/2004, 07:37 AM
Whatever you want to do, getting it to me before the move is probably a good idea. You might also wait to pickup the frags from me until you move the tank. You could just pick them out and I will keep them. My tank move is still probably a month out.
I'll pm you my phone # and we can talk about it.
thanks, Chris