PDA

View Full Version : Anything worth seeing in Wis Rapids?

dakar
06/08/2004, 11:36 PM
Anything worth the trip to Wis Rapids to see? I Just started my first SWA last weekend, so while waiting on the cycle the DIY bug has me but good... sump, refuge, protein skimmer all being built over the next two weeks. I live down near the Dells and commute to Madison for work. Been through just about everything in Madison and am not impressed at all.... I'd sooner toss my $$ into the wind before giving it to most of those places.

Dave

dakar
06/21/2004, 12:11 AM
Never mind... was up there this weekend... one FW shop and that's it. oh well, at least I can say the shop was clean and presentable, a pleasant change from most I've seen too bad no SW stuff.

ginshun
07/27/2004, 10:40 AM
If you can make it up to Rhinelander, the Foster & Smith outlet has some nice stuff.

dakar
07/27/2004, 11:55 AM
Waiting for the Labor Day weekend tent sale F&S have scheduled before I make that trek. 4-5 hour drive up from the Dells. So gotta save all of my pennies and make it worth while...LOL

MalawianDude
07/27/2004, 04:23 PM
F&S?

dakar
07/28/2004, 11:41 AM
F&S = Drs Foster and Smith (www.drsfosterandsmith.com)

Dave

slug
07/28/2004, 02:39 PM
Does dr F&S have stuff hidden in the back or something? I was there this weekend and all they had was a few saltwater fish. They didn't really even have all that much in the way of dry goods either. There was a good price on instant ocean buckets($27), but I don't use that salt anymore.

ginshun
08/02/2004, 09:49 AM
The F&S retail store has a back room with some big tanks (tubs actually) full of live rock. They must have another facility that they house more fish and inverts/corals in too. Maybe at the wherehouse? I am not sure, but I know that from their online store, you can order tons of fish and corals, and it tells you when stuff is not in stock. There is a lot more on there site, than what they have in the store. I would assume that you could order online or by phone and pick up at the store, although I haven't tried it with live stuff. I know that you can do it with dry goods though, I have called and asked about filters and things before. If they have it in the warehouse, they will bring it over to the retail store for you to pick up.

angieg1123
08/27/2004, 11:52 PM
I did call them to see if you could order livestock and pick it up at the store. If it isn't a "stock" item, you still have to pay for shipping. Not a real $$ saver.