PDA

View Full Version : Beware: Waukesha Store buying Chemically Collected Fish

Stu_WI
06/06/2004, 12:10 AM
FYI... to those that shop for fish in the Waukesha, WI area. Pet World Warehouse in Brookfield has a new manager. She decided since it was cheaper, to go with chemically obtained fish rather than net caught. This makes me so mad that people make these unethical and irresponsible decisions. I hope others feel as strongly as I do about this and make the right choice and not purchase fish from this store. I tried to educate one of the employees the reasons this change her manager made was not in the best interest for the environment or customer. I hope she can explain this to the manager and the manager understands that she needs to reconsider the vendor they use.

Stu.

Gem Tang Rider
06/07/2004, 09:22 AM
How do you know they are chemically obtained fish?
Would the Waukesha store be different than any other Pet World Wharehouse in Wisconsin?

Stu_WI
06/07/2004, 10:47 PM
Well, I asked them if they were caught chemically or by nets and they told me they were chemically caught. They told me that this new manager in their fish department changed the vendor they were getting their fish from, even though that vendor uses chemicals, to cut costs. It sounds like it is up to the local store managers where they buy their fish from.

hwynboy
06/07/2004, 11:56 PM
In most cases when a store like Pet World buys fish they have NO CLUE who the person collecting the fish are. Using chemicals like cyanide are still done in the hobby granted, but the people collecting the fish dont have banners saying I collect using cyanide. In fact it's more hush hush..

IMO I do not think the manager at the store or the employees where you are getting your information from knows what they are talking about. They MAY know the wholesaler...but Its a sure bet they have no clue about the collector. Just my 2 cents.