PDA

View Full Version : Donations for school

percula3
06/03/2004, 03:34 PM
At my school (Aldo Leopold Community School) we have a 55 gallon tank. Right now it has 2 fish in it, a dwarf lionfish and a blue velvet damsel. No clean up crew, we do have rock but not right kind for a marine tank over half of or "rock is acually fake corals. We have lots of red on the rock but it is not coralline it is cyano. For filtration we have a whisper 40-50 thats it. We only have on a 36 inch strip light and it dosen't even cover the top of the tank. For substrate we have gravel which I wan't to change to sand because I have it in my 2 tanks at home that have sand in them and I like how it looks. I don't want to keep corals because I am only a student who will eventually leave infact this is my second to last year of middle school. Just so you know once I get in HS I will come and check up on the tank about every other day. I would like to do a fuge but that would mean more lights

Basically we are looking for lights(preferably pc's), live rock, any type of filter, powerhead, and substrate, clean up crew, and possibly another tank for fuge.

If you would like we will send you a picture of the tank after its makeover (before and afer) and mention your name beside the tank.

By the way my homeroom teacher is Tim Devine but the teacher who bought the tank is Matt Cummings. Matt Cummings has paid for this tank out of pocket the school has not payed a dime. Having this tank redone I think would mean a lot to him since most kids don't even look at the tank now I would really like to spark some interest in Saltwater Aquariums.

Thanks

:rollface:

gooch
06/08/2004, 09:52 AM
Have Matt Cummings call me at (920)406-0989.

I can probably help out a little.

percula3
06/14/2004, 04:13 PM
Will do!

tyesmithND
06/16/2004, 05:19 PM
percula3,

Have someone give me a ring ASAP. I am moving this weekend and have 50 lbs of live rock, a nice sand bed, clean-up crew, 3 green chromis, a fire fish and some other odds and ends I would happy to contribute free of charge.

Only requirement would be it has to be picked up soon (best case tomorrow or Friday). I live in downtown Milwaukee.

Hope all is well

Tyson

404-641-0767 (cell)
414-765-7054 (work)

tyesmithND
06/18/2004, 01:54 PM
percula3,

moving postponed. Tank is still up and running. Tell your teachers to contact me if there willing to drive an hour for some freebies.

percula3
06/24/2004, 04:50 PM
I can't get a hold of matt. He only has a cell phone so I don't have his number but maybe my mom could come and pick it up. Thats a pretty long shot that she would but it is a poss.

I'll try to find matts number ASAP
Could we meet halfway?
What day are you moving?:worried2:

percula3
06/24/2004, 04:51 PM
Gooch like I told Tye I can't find matt's number.

gooch
06/24/2004, 07:01 PM
Hey Perc,

Being Summer it may be better to make changes in Fall when there is someone there to take care of things. I know you want to help out the school and so do we. But I will not do anything without the owner of the tanks consent. I will not forget and if you get a hold of him before then my offer still stands.

gooch

percula3
06/25/2004, 03:24 PM
Alright people I found matts number so i'll give him a buzz today and I'll tell him the Phone #'s for you guys. Gooch what are you all willing to donate? I'm also interested in some live rock for myself what is your price per #?

gooch
06/25/2004, 07:54 PM
I have a bunch of base rock that was premium fiji. Can not say price online but it is less than I paid for it.