PDA

View Full Version : Coral Beauty needs a new home.

Tenner
09/21/2001, 06:58 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a really nice looking coral beauty that's decided he needs SPS to support his diet. So, I'm looking for a new home for this guy.

Any takers?

Thanks
Tenner

SunfishFun
09/25/2001, 03:25 PM
Hey!

How big is he? I'm planning my fish right now. I've been checking out books and fish and compatibility and all that. Can't have many b/c I have only 55-60 gal and after DSB and rock the tank looks smaller and smaller. I want to keep Indo-Pacific fish only, if possible, and will probably have only softies and some LPS and hopefully a clam or two.

Narrowed it down to like 20 fish and their pros and cons, including Coral Beauty, but probably some are inappropriate - have to research more! Let me know how soon you would like to evict your Coral Beast.

But first, how big of a tank is he used to swimming in? He eats prepared food, I assume. I read this fish is shy and likes to hide - is this true? I have no fish yet, so he could do well as the first, right?

-maureen

Thanks for Tahitian Blend info. Count me in.

Tenner
09/25/2001, 06:22 PM
SunFishFun,

I'd like to get rid of this fish asap. I'm having problems catching him, still trying.

The coral beauty eats all prepaired foods no problem, not shy at all. I have him in a 30gal tank. I think he started nipping at my Pocilipora due to lack of food. With such a small tank I feed it about three times a week, might not be enough for his diet.

The fish is a pygmie angle so about 2" long. Very pretty.

Thanks, got you down for some algae.
Tenner