PDA

View Full Version : IPSF 9 for $99.00 Special Good Deal????

SoundsFishy
04/27/2000, 10:16 AM
One of the wonderful things about these message boards is that you don't have to order then wait and see what you paid for.
I was on the IPSF web site and was looking at there 9 for 99 special mix and match. I read through all of the fan mail that they have posted on there site, but I realize that this may or may not be the entire truth. I am interested in this special and would like feedback from persons who have ordered and received this package.
Was it worth the money and were you satisfied with the quality and content? What did you like, dislike and if you could change your order what would you replace with what?
Thanks for taking the time to reply
Dan.

------------------
Save a LIFE
Read Research and
Question.

badgers
04/27/2000, 10:56 AM
I would recommend that if you do the special do not get the nerite snails. Mine have tried to all crawl out of the tank.
I got two different tang heavens and they are small portions.
The wonder mud is about a cup of water/silt.
the live sand activator came wil about 1&1/2 cups of sand with hermit crabs. I did not want any hermit crabs ( I had two that I put in the sump) in my tank(did not know that live sand activator included hermit crabs)
The coolest thing IMO were the little brittle stars. They also have a sand cuke that is closer to a sand color. Kind of like the fact that it blends in more then the black cukes.
I think it was a fair deal, in that I don't feel cheated. I do not think that I would order from them again, with the exception of a large portioin of Tang Heaven but that is a big maybe.
overall my experience was fair.
thankyou for your time and have a good day

------------------
I'm so skeptical, I can hardly believe it!
The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant

Powder Blue Man
04/27/2000, 09:33 PM
I agree about not getting the nerite snails. All of mine climbed out too.

The Tang Heaven is wonderful. My tangs devore it. I am trying to grow it in another tank. Who knows if it will work?

I didnt get any cukes. If I did, I didnt notice.

Everthing is small that you get. But I have read alot of people feel cheated at first and then anywhere from 1-12 months they cannot stop talking about how great they are.

As far as the 9 fo 99, I thought it was a good deal for the free shipping and where else are you going to get that kind of stuff. I also go the mini brittle stars for $25.00 more. You could hardley see them, but they will grow up.

SoundsFishy
04/28/2000, 06:33 AM
Badgers, Powder blue
Thank you for your response to my post. I just started a 26 gal refugium last month and have Feather, grape colurpa growing along with some kelp. I was interested in the different types of colurpa but the bio diversity of all the other things sounds worth while. Thanks again for the response.
Dan.

------------------
Save a LIFE
Read Research and
Question.

Murphy
04/28/2000, 09:27 AM
Hi
I also got the 9 for 99 deal and I was pleased. The packets are small but contain an incredible amount of life. Badgers is right about the mini brittle stars - really cool. I've also noticed a lot more pods in my tank since adding the live sand activator. The Hawaiian turbo snails are great, I love the micro hermits and the corals seem to be doing well with the Coral Heaven. Packaging was excellent and they're very good to deal with.

All in all a good experience and I would order from them again.

dragon0121
04/28/2000, 01:02 PM
A question for those of you who got the Live Sand Activator and Mud form IPSF. Have you gotten the same type of stuff from Inland Aquatics, like the detrivore kit, and is it the same proportion as what you get from IPSF? They both seem to run about the same price if shipping is figured in on Inland Aquatics.

JohnL
04/28/2000, 03:17 PM
I have ordered both kits and would agree with everyone else. I didn't like the IPSF live sand. It is very large grained. More on the order of crushed coral. I liked the IA sludge a lot better. It was teaming with life. When I ordered my third kit, I placed it with IA.

------------------
Peace - John

dragon0121
04/28/2000, 03:24 PM
JohnL,
If I understand you correctly your saying that you get a sludge from IA when you order the detrivore kit; or did you have to order the sludge seperately?

And did you get many oif the mini brittle stars in your order from IA. These things are too cool!

[This message has been edited by dragon0121 (edited 04-28-2000).]