PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic Sumps

Hedonist
05/29/2004, 01:08 PM
Brian had mentioned a desire for a garage .... I beleive he would like to maybe attempt to build an acrylic sump....????

Brian I checked out the website you spoke of, sorry I am at work and do not have that site to post right now.... but that stuff is way cool and I do have access to a garage with tools to build an acrylic sump...... Home Depot sells 1/4 in acrylic for 17.00 for a pc 24x28, 1/8 thick is about 7.00/sheet

Is anyone truely interested in building an acrylic sump??? Maybe we can have a couple of workshops in my gargage, I live about 5 miles from the lab where we had our first few meetings...... Let me know, maybe we can work something out

Denise

SaltyDogg
06/09/2004, 12:28 PM
It might be better for us to do some small scale stuff at a meeting sometime........so we can get the hang of how to use the glues, draw up some plans....etc.....before we actually attempt to build something......

just me 2 cents.........:)

Hedonist
06/10/2004, 07:36 AM
An issue at a meeting would be to cut pcs to glue together? Also not too sure about using this stuff in the conference rm, making a mess or spill or fumes etc?

SOMEthinsFISHY
07/04/2004, 10:34 AM
i can get u all some breeder tanks at close to wholsale i just made 2 different sumps out of a 40 gal breeder ! one 4 fresh and one 4 salt ! both for 2 diff 210 gal show tanks