PDA

View Full Version : June meeting?

mogulski
05/29/2004, 09:04 AM
Howdy fellas and ladies if there is any. I've managed to miss every meeting since dec's at Drew's.
When is this month's meeting? and where?
my tank needs help. nothing is dying of anything, actually it's flourishing, but thats the thing. The corals look good, but I have massive algae probs.
I have a few different algae's going on in there: macro's, what looks like a long stringy, stubborn to remove brown algae and massive red slime.
I think i need to increase circulation and re work my aquascaping to support thru circulation. Maybe take down some of the DSB.
PO4 is elevated as one would immagine, but my TDS meter reads 14 ppm. i would think that the RO/DI filter needs to be changed soon.
I take pics to show all.
look foward to seeing you.

-Jonathan

tsalter
05/30/2004, 10:10 AM
Jonathan i dunno what is going on for the meeting. We were thinking of doing a formal on at UVM but I think that with summer being here alot minds are on the outdoors. Maybe someone will want to host it? I have been hosting a bunch and don't mind doing it again but would rather see others tanks.

Tom

Tom Berry
06/01/2004, 03:04 PM
I'm thinking about hosting the meeting. It's a little late to do it tonight. Would next Tuesday the 8th work for you guys?

Tom:fish2:

mogulski
06/01/2004, 10:43 PM
the tenth works for me. i'll be up helping tom move his tank to montpelier. would be nice to do the two things combined in one trip.

-Jonathan

tsalter
06/02/2004, 06:24 AM
Hey johnathan,

Not me but erik is moving. I should be able to make it as well. with the 20L

Tom

mogulski
06/02/2004, 11:38 AM
cool tom. thanks i ment to say that i was helping erik. hopefully see you then.

-Jonathan

fishfarmer
06/03/2004, 11:29 AM
Either day works for me.

Al

tsalter
06/04/2004, 08:41 AM
So is it the 8th? I don't know if erik is still moving on the 10th or what? We should firm up a date. I am open ether day

Tom

SHOmuchFUN
06/04/2004, 08:54 AM
No I won't be moving the tank until a later date... I doubt I'll be able to make the meeting though as it's short notice to call out from work. You guys make the day that works best for you guys. I appreciate the thought in the back of your minds though! I still have to set a future date for when I move the tank. I won't be living in the apartment fully until the weekend of the 17th. It'll probably W-T-F or Sunday of that following week.

mogulski
06/04/2004, 09:25 AM
Thursday the tenth works for me for the meeting. I'm in need of supplies from the pet advantage as well, you know two birds one stone type thing.
I belive that I was to help Erik with his tank some time the week of the 21st, so i will again be up in this neck of the woods. Have a nice weekend. I'm off to a wedding in NYC until sunday.

-Jonathan

mogulski
06/04/2004, 09:26 AM
Al,
By the way do you still want the caribbean arogonite sand that i have?

-Jonathan

fishfarmer
06/05/2004, 04:33 PM
No Jonathan, I'm all set for sand. I went with a larger grain size and not much of it. Part of my tank is bare bottomed because of the flow I run:D . I just added another powerhead to the tank the other day. So far I have yet to see much algae growth other than a little cyano.

I do need corals though so if anyone is needing to thin out their reef, just list what you have. I have a small leather frag for trade if anyone is interested.

Al

Waterbury Guy
06/06/2004, 08:38 AM
I'm going to be traveling for work this week so i can't make it. See you next time around.

Tom Berry
06/06/2004, 01:29 PM
Thursday won't work for me, so it's Tuesday 7PM my place. Post here to confirm you are coming.

Tom Berry:fish2:

fishfarmer
06/06/2004, 03:05 PM
I'll be there Tom. What was your address again? You can PM it to me.

Later, Al

tsalter
06/06/2004, 03:56 PM
I'll be there. Need directions.

Thanks
Tom

mogulski
06/07/2004, 11:18 AM
bummer. have to work tuesday evening. see you all in july

-Jonathan

Tom Berry
06/08/2004, 03:30 PM
OK,

Tom, Al and Drew have confirmed. I haven't heard back from Bob or Ed.

Is anyone else planning on coming?

Tom:fish2:

SHOmuchFUN
06/09/2004, 07:24 AM
I can't make it... Sorry :(