PDA

View Full Version : Just found you all in Texas

karimwassef
05/28/2004, 01:23 AM
Hello,

I just found TARE.. looks great. I registered, but haven't received an email back yet to post on the other site.

I live in Mesquite, TX, but I have a 267gal+80gal mudsump reef tank at my parent's home in Murphy, TX. Mostly soft corals, clams and fish.

I'm building a concrete outside saltwater lagoon 1200gal for coral propagation and appreciate any input/help from fellow texan reef keepers.

I hope to document the process and post it on reef central.
Cooling will be attempted through geothermal piping in the backyard. I'm considering titanium tubing instead of PVC though. Anyone have a 2ft trencher I can borrow for a day? :D . Also planning dual interleaved surge buckets and DIY skimmer, etc...

If anyone has any concrete experience in Texas clay, please advise me. I also still haven't found a good source for a ton of calcium sand either.

I'm probably going to start laying rebar for the deck and lagoon by the middle to end of June. So any warnings/advice is most appreciated before then.

Thanks,
Karim

Ant_Knee
06/26/2004, 12:13 AM
Karim,

What is your username on the other site? I will activate it. Send me a pm or email me at support@yourreeftank.com