PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for Greg Hiller A+

rhiggsbear
09/19/2001, 10:24 PM
I received my order from Greg today and I must say I am impressed. Great communications, outstanding packaging (Quad-bagged everything), willing to hold off the shipment until the planes were flying again (he was going to ship last Wednesday) and sent extras of most of the items I purchased. He is an honest person who I will be purchasing from in the future.

GREAT JOB GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

howman
09/23/2001, 08:01 PM
last week, i went to greg's to pick up some starfish, bristle worms, snails, maroon clowns and coral

greg is incredibly knowledgable. his inventory is unbelievable. i was very impressed--only forgot to ask him for the free cup of live sand he offers with an order!

if you were going to buy a coral--look at his list first....i doubt you will find higher quality anywhere.

howard

Jake
09/26/2001, 10:47 AM
I have bought off of his numerous times. His stuff is top notch. All of it. You really cannot go wrong getting his stuff, whether it is corals, fish, detrivoires. I highly reccommend him.

Just in case anyone was wondering his email is

gwhiller@angelfire.com

rhiggsbear
09/27/2001, 01:03 AM
Hey Greg, I just wanted to let you know that gave you the same amount of + as lalmatia but for some reason, yours did not show up. I have been lucky that the five purchases I have made on RC have been from five great people. I hope my luck holds!

Modo
09/28/2001, 02:28 PM
I just recieved my order yesterday from Greg. I can't begin to tell you how impressed and happy I am with the whole process and these frags!

He is one heck of a nice guy and the frags exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds. The colors and sizes are just not justified on his site.

Thanks Greg, we'll definately be chatting again soon!!

Oh, by the way here is his website.....
http://www.angelfire.com/ma3/ghcorals/

pncstod
10/14/2001, 06:29 PM
I just got back from picking up my stuff at Gregs. I have to say that i was totally impressed with his tanks and his knowledge. He was very friendly and nice to deal with. He has some of the nicest corals and tanks I have seen. He also has some of the fairest prices around. Definately worth the 2 1/2 hour ride. Thanks Greg, I will be talking to you soon for more frags!

jellyfish4me
11/09/2001, 12:55 PM
Who says you can't ship xenia? GREG HILLER CAN! I was very impressed with everything I received from Greg! The xenia was pulsing within 5 minutes of putting it in the tank! And I got the coolest little hermit crab with a mushroom growing on his shell! THANKS GREG!

Greg Hiller
11/09/2001, 04:32 PM
Jellyfish4me,

Thanks for the plug. Incidentily, that Xenia is growing on a Pocillipora damcornis frag that I accidentily bleached. The tips are still alive. If you are careful you ought to be able to grow an entire colony from it. I've had polyp bail out from this and grown 2 inch diameter colonies in my main tank.

- Greg Hiller

jellyfish4me
11/09/2001, 05:18 PM
Thanks again, Greg! You saved me an email! I was gonna ask about that, because after futher inspection, I could see the polyps extending more and more as the day goes by and was wondering what it was!

jawsk2
11/20/2001, 06:43 PM
I will just reiterate what everyone else is saying. Greg has great stuff, great packing, great prices and I will order from him again.
His xenia shipped very well, even though a cold front had just come through the day before.

jchump5415
11/27/2001, 05:30 PM
Greg is awsome! Today I recieved a very nice purple montipora digita frag from him and a bunch of detrivores. Good packing. Great communication. I defintly recommend him for mail order corals!:fun4:

Boatwizard
11/30/2001, 12:22 AM
I too was impressed by Greg's product.
Shipping practices are A plus and then some.
Prices are great too.

Jake
12/14/2001, 03:22 PM
Got more frags from Greg Hiller- Huge, colorful, cheap
I contacted Greg to find out if he had fragged his purple acro with the neon green polyps. He had some that were starting to encrust. This is a slow grower but beautiful and rare. While I was there I also got a HUGE purple tipped acro colony from him that he considered a frag.

P.S.- If anyone is looking for a really cool monitpora Frag he has frags of his Green and purple digitata growing together- THey look a little like a soft swirl icecream.

Also all his digitata frags are actually 3-4 frags encrusting together. I asked him why he did this and he said "They grow so fast I wanted to make sure I gave people their moneys worth"

I do buy from Greg all the time so my opinion may be biased, but I really think you would be hard pressed to find better frags for even twice the price.

psulion
12/14/2001, 05:31 PM
I just received my order from Greg Hiller. Beautiful gold stripe maroon clowns, green sinularia, and orange mushrooms. Excellent quality, big frags, packaging was super. Everything survived the cold trip to Iowa. Excellent customer service with a courtesy call to see if everything arrived safely. Would deal with him again and again and .......

GobieWanKenobie
12/15/2001, 04:41 AM
The best attribute about Greg is his incredible knowledge about the coral he raises. He is truely a resource for all that wish to be successful in this addiction. I got a frag of stylophora and a fox coral from him at the Boston reefers meeting. The Fox is HUGE! The way he frags them is really cool too. Three cheers!!!

Pseudo Boy
01/10/2002, 02:01 PM
Greg has the best stuff I have seen yet. Everything opened up within 5 minutes of placing them into the tank. I will always buy from Greg. I got monti frags and beautiful acros and some extra frags too.

Thanks Greg

Pseudo:smokin:

howman
01/16/2002, 01:52 PM
I am fortunate to live close enough that I can pick up from Greg.

Last week, I picked up 6 frags, and they were excellent. His acropora was almost a foot long!!! everything is doing great.

Greg has high standards and integrity. He won't sell you something that isn't in pristine condition.

In addition, his prices (especially if you don't have to deal with shipping!) are excellent.

Howard

Mr James
02/13/2002, 08:38 AM
Excellent communication! Excellent packaging, (included heat pack, double bagged, and a description on the bags of the contents). I was very impressed and pleased that he also included a bonus, extra snails and an extra type of Caulerpa in my order. The price was fair and I hope to deal with him in the future, I hear his coral frags are excellent!!

spectrum
02/24/2002, 11:18 PM
Just picked up some GREAT frags from Greg. This was my second purchase from him, and certainly won't be the last. I can't say enough good things about his corals and Greg himself, friendly, smart, and patient. If you want a fantastic experience buying frags, contact Greg, you won't be disappointed.

spectrum

J Crew
06/12/2002, 05:45 PM
just received some mini brittle stars and some bristle worms from Greg. they were packaged professionally and arrived in excellent shape. he packed more than what i paid for at no additional cost, and will most defenitely do business with him again. do not hesitate of order from him. thanks and peace :)

scottk
08/16/2002, 05:07 AM
I got pods, sand, stars and snails from Greg. Everything was double bagged and in great shape. I would certainly deal with him again. A++

Daveyboi
09/04/2002, 08:18 PM
What a deal....:)
Everything was in excellent condition and the packaging was super...............:)
I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him again........:)

:D
Dave

rhiggsbear
06/24/2003, 01:26 PM
I just received my 2nd order of critters from Greg and must say he is still doing a great job. Packaged well (triple bags, Styrofoam box, heat pack, etc), nice size frags, and suggestions on the outside of the bags.

Thanks Greg. Hope to buy some more when I get my 90 gal setup.

:D :D :D