PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need chaeto?

opihi
05/26/2004, 10:52 AM
Hey Vegas Reefers,
It's getting time to clear out the 'fuge. i've got enough to easily fill a sandwich bag. i'd like to trade for some other types of macro. i've already got chaeto, and caulerpa of the grape, long & short feather varieties? anyone got razor or gracillaria to trade?

jeff

Nanighan
05/26/2004, 02:44 PM
Do you mind if I "sample" a small piece to see if my hippo tang will eat it. I want to give him as varied a diet as possible.
I have halmieda that it eats, I could give you some but he keeps it well trimmed.

TippyToeX
05/26/2004, 03:10 PM
I wish I had other macro to trade with you Jeff. All I have is cheato (well it's the only one I trust).

I am going to the bay area in July. I'll get a mixed baggy for you if you need it. :)

opihi
05/26/2004, 03:28 PM
Thanks Amy, i'd like that! i'm looking for gracillaria (tang heaven red/limu/ogo), and pretty much any other type, i'm going for variety. why don't you trust others? is it because of the leeching/yellowing/going asexual? (like those aren't enough reasons :P)

Ron, of course you could have a sample, PM me to set up a time and you can come by and pick it up.

anyone else? there's enough to go around.

TippyToeX
05/26/2004, 04:43 PM
I'll get you a good baggy worth my friend. I know one guy who keeps gracillaria to feed his PBT. I'm sure he wouldn't mind hooking me up.

You nailed it, I don't like the fact that caulerpas (and it's cousins) can go sexual. Along with that there is a toxin that weakens the growth of SPS that caulerpa can release. When broken (not harvesting by pulling out whole lengths) or when it goes sexual. The risk is not at all high but I am not willing to take the risk. Cheato is a good nutrient lure and pods love hanging out in it. That's all I care about. :D

VegasMike
05/26/2004, 06:22 PM
This forum may be paying off already. I am looking for some Chaeto to start my refugium that I just got plumbed last weekend. I don't have too much to trade you at present, maybe a frag of something. I wish it would have been a couple weeks ago. I had mushrooms coming out of my eyeballs from the old 150 that I did not want in the new tank. I probably threw away about 100.:(

Let me know about the Chaeto.

Thanks

opihi
05/26/2004, 07:20 PM
so i think i only have enough for Mike & a "small sample" for Ron.

if anyone wants some, they can either post here, or PM me. the next batch will probably be ready a month from now.

TippyToeX
05/26/2004, 07:59 PM
I will have a batch ready in a month as well. :)

Nanighan
05/27/2004, 01:51 AM
Amy if the tang will eat it, sign me up for some.:)

TippyToeX
05/27/2004, 06:40 PM
Will do Ron. :thumbsup:

opihi
06/03/2004, 12:48 PM
Ron & Mike, when would you like to come get the chaeto? i'd like to harvest it this week.

thanks,
j

Nanighan
06/06/2004, 03:56 PM
Jeff since mine is only a sample maybe you can bring it to our first meeting next week. If not I'll come by and pick it up.