PDA

View Full Version : Moving...

SHOmuchFUN
05/26/2004, 08:17 AM
Well, it's bittersweet... I'm moving a short distance away from home, but it means I have to move the 55. :rolleye1:
I'm going to get a couple rubbermaid 20gal containers to move most of my water and live-rock, but to reduce stress and the possibility of breakage, etc. I think I need to find a temporary home for my fish (1 purple-firefish, 2 perculas, and a yellow clownfish goby) and my corals (favia, calustrea, various digitata, and softies). Anybody willing to give me a hand the first or second week of June? I'll supply transportation, dinner, and beer. The later end of the week is best for me. Monday's and Tuesday's I work both jobs.

Thanks any and all,
-Erik

mogulski
05/29/2004, 09:07 AM
I'm moving my 55 in August. If the june meeting can corospond w/ your move then i could be into it.

-Jonathan

Waterbury Guy
05/29/2004, 11:57 PM
I'm going to be away for work 6/6-6/14, but if you move any other time I'd be glad to lend a hand.
Scott

SHOmuchFUN
05/30/2004, 12:40 AM
Well Jonathan, we can work out a "you scratch my back, I scratch your's deal" If you help me with my move Essex Jct ---> Montpelier, I'll help you with your move, as long as you're not moving to the Northeast Kingdom or something ;)

I'm planning on just using a couple rubbermaid 20 gallons and doing it all in one day. I think it's the easiest and least stressful way to do it. I'll keep you in mind Scott. I think I'll be moving it sometime after the 14th. You and Adrianna (that is her name if I remember correctly) would be more than welcome to come out. I'd throw some chicken on the grill and we can all have a few beers to celebrate graduation, the future, and moving into my first real apartment (especially the first with a girlfriend :rolleye1: ) hehehe

SHOmuchFUN
05/30/2004, 12:42 AM
BTW, thanks for the offers and replies!!!! :D

mogulski
05/30/2004, 07:31 AM
Erik,
Okay sounds like a plan. Honestly, i have more free time before the twelvth.
Dont worrry I'm not moving to the northeast kingdom, but I do like in Killington, a good hour fifteen from essex and i'm moving to the house my fianchie and i bought in rutland town. It's like ten minutes from here.
I was planning on using rubbermaid containers as well. We should get together with the same containers. I own three smaller 8 gal waste paper basket style containers and a 30 gal plastic garbage can that i use for makeup water that i can bring up there for your move.

-Jonathan

SHOmuchFUN
05/30/2004, 08:45 AM
Cool Jonathan, I don't care where you're at... I was just kidding (partially) ;)

I'm thinking Wednesday June 9th is going to be the best day for me.
We can meet at my work in Waterbury, then you can follow me to my place in Essex then we can work our way back to Montpelier for setup. I don't have a RODI unit or anything, but was thinking about buying one for the apartment, so make-up water may get a little tricky, unless we buy some from the LFS. I figure if we get a couple rubbermaids and fill those with LR and water, we'd only need one more to make some backup saltwater to fill my 55... I could do that here before we'd leave on Wednesday.

tsalter
05/30/2004, 10:04 AM
Eirk I would probably be able to help too.

tom

mogulski
05/31/2004, 07:58 AM
Erik,
Wednesday the ninth is bad for me. the next day, thursday the tenth works for me though.

-Jonathan

SHOmuchFUN
05/31/2004, 08:47 AM
Well, I was hoping to leave on a little mini-vacation on Thursday afternoon. I guess it would depend on when we would be finished making the move. I was hoping to be in Connecticut before 9pm. If we can still manage that timeframe, I gues we could do that, but wasn't planning on rushing anything. If you want to do Thursday the 3rd (I know that is quite short notice), that will work.

If not, I'm going to have to do Wednesday the 9th without, or take some time out of work on Thursday the 10th to squeeze it in before I leave. I just work a lot, which makes it difficult:

8-2/3pm M-F
5-11pm M-T
10-5 Saturday.

I hate to be picky about volunteer help, so if Thursday the 3rd doesn't work, we can try Thursday the 10th if we can get it done before ~5-6pm.

Thanks Jonathan and Tom, we can keep you posted. I know you may be moving in the near future as well!

mogulski
05/31/2004, 10:25 PM
Erik,
I can do late morning thursday june 10. i have to be back here to for at 4:30

-Jonathan

SHOmuchFUN
06/01/2004, 07:19 AM
Okay... I'll just take that day off from work and have a little "extended vacation". Tom, if you want to stop by in the afternoon to see the place and oversee that everything is going well, that'd be cool! I know you probably have to work during the morning/afternoon.

Jonathan, I'll PM you my cell phone, give me a call and we can set up some specifics. I appreciate your help! I was cringing about doing this myself. I haven't been in the hobby long and have never moved a tank. I'm still contemplating my method of approach. Maybe we can talk about where to get a serving job in the Waterbury/Montpelier area ;)

Waterbury Guy
06/01/2004, 11:41 AM
Sorry, I'll still be out of town then.
Best of luck with the move!

SHOmuchFUN
06/01/2004, 10:18 PM
Well, after a large tiff with the significant other, she decided to go on vacation the week of the 5th... I decided that I didn't want to move into this place on my own, by myself for two weeks, so I'm not actually going to be moving in persay, until after the 18th. I know that it isn't as convenient a time for you Jonathan, but it looks like it's really my only option, but to delay the plans... I appreciate all the enthusiasm I have had to help me, but it looks like I'm going to have to postpone. I'll have to repost another topic when I can get a firm grasp on when a good day will be. I promise I'll take whoever helps me out to a good dinner at a local restaurant. I hear Sarducci's has some excellent italian food. We'll have some pasta and pop the cork on some wine and celebrate (hopefully) a successful move.

Until then...

mogulski
06/01/2004, 10:48 PM
Erik,

Don't worry we'll get it done. my schedule is tighter the week of the 21st but with advance warning i can accomidate your schedule. I have to re look at my schedule and post back what can work for me. as you said until then...

-Jonathan

SHOmuchFUN
06/02/2004, 07:20 AM
Yep, thanks!

If only Pet Advantage offered a moving service :lol:

mogulski
06/02/2004, 11:39 AM
thats funny, b/c i need a bunch of stuff from Drew at the pet advantage. maybe going up tomorrow.

-Jonathan