PDA

View Full Version : more snails

Ronald
05/24/2004, 11:37 PM
Hey great article, and good timing. I have noticed some snails in my tank that I think are Collonista. Check them out here (http://homepage.mac.com/ronaldalberico/snails) and let me know if I am correct please. if I interpret your article correctly, they are good snails (like stomattella). Thanks again (I hope the pics are ok these buggers are small only about 4mm)

Ron A. :D

rshimek
05/25/2004, 09:36 AM
They appear to be Collonista.

Ronald
05/25/2004, 10:32 PM
Thank you for the confirmation. I was reading your post about the live rock controversy and the proposed project. Boy you really ruffled some feathers with that one! Those biofilm guys are fanatics! I wonder if they have a diabolical plan to rule the world through the application of giant biofilms. :) But seriously, I have access to clinical CT equipment that could easily deliver 3-D images of rocks via .5 or even .1mm sections (free of charge) If you are interested I could scan a rock and calculate the volume and the volume of less dense air or water within it. The ratio could give some feeling of the porosity especially if cross sectional area was also considered. Let me know if I can help.

Ron A.:)