PDA

View Full Version : headhawg7 & thedogofwar

Heather Sanders
05/23/2004, 06:37 PM
Danny,
I recieved the rock this afternoon from Brandon and it is beautiful. Big, corraline covered, some even had corals, loaded with pods, asterina stars and worms and more, I couldn't have walked into a fish store and found anything looking like that. Thank you.

Brandon,
Meeting you today was great. Thank you for welcoming my husband and I into your (almost empty) home. hehe Good luck moving that great looking tank! I'm sorry I didn't get to meet Tawnya, maybe next time. Thank you for sharing this rock with me and being the one to go get it. If there's anything I could ever do to repay you, just holler.

Well, I've got it in the tank, got everything going, albeit I'm missing one actinic PC bulb, but that's ok!
Here it is right after I put it all in.

/http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/1/20308cloudy.jpg

Heather Sanders
05/23/2004, 06:38 PM
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/1/20308cloudy.jpg

jerryc
05/23/2004, 07:27 PM
you may have some die off.:( but it will come right back.:D
tank looking good:cool:

Scuba Dog
05/23/2004, 08:32 PM
yeah thats some good rock I have seent that very same rock a couple of times..you might get a little amonia spike but not to bad..

thedogofwar
05/24/2004, 07:39 AM
glad you like it Heather. It was a pleasure to meet you and Michael as well. I wish I had a tank I could have put mine in. :) There will be a bit of die off but we took care in transporting it well.

I have to tank Roy/Scuba for doing the driving and helping with the task. I didn't get home until almost 11 so I'm sure he didn't make it home until 1. A long day but well worth the effort.

moving the tank, I just keep going back to the garage and looking at the 75G and telling myself, at least it's not that one. :)

jerryc
05/24/2004, 08:27 AM
brandon how about starting a new post with a step buy step
as you go with your new tank i believe everyone would enjoy
following your progress i know i would .good luck

tiger_eyed1
05/24/2004, 09:08 AM
Mega ditos, the rock is great.
I could smell a little die off so i went ahead and added it to my display since it is still cycling. within 2 minutes of me letting the tank settle pods & worms started coming out of the rock. I caught 2 4" bristle worms and put them in my sump. The rock is coverd with alge also. I'll see in a few days if any of the corals come back. I'll take some pictures tonight.
Thanks again headhawg7 & thedogofwar

thedogofwar
05/24/2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by jerryc
brandon how about starting a new post with a step buy step
as you go with your new tank i believe everyone would enjoy
following your progress i know i would .good luck

been considering that, I know I enjoy watching new tanks develop. I'll need a hand with getting good pics of tank inhabitants once that starts since the camera I borrow from work isn't made for such a task.

Mark will be helping me get the 29 moved to the new place tonight. We'll also be moving the 75 over there so I'll start taking pics and get a few words down on paper.

headhawg7
05/27/2004, 09:39 AM
I am glad you like it also. It is some very nice rock.

schiller2300
05/27/2004, 11:12 PM
I have an underwater housing for my Cannon digital camera that you can use Brandon. That goes for anyone else. You can really get some cool shots with it. Chris