PDA

View Full Version : anyone have chaeto?

cknox2
05/20/2004, 12:55 AM
I'm looking for some chaetomorpha for mu fuge.
Anyone have some to spare? I'll gladly pay if necessary.
Thanks,
Clayton

gflat65
05/20/2004, 07:03 AM
Check out the trading and selling forums. There is always some sort of macro being sold. Typically, you'll pay 15-20 dollars for a bag (shipping included).

aquaman67
05/24/2004, 08:27 PM
www.floridapets.com

cknox2
05/25/2004, 10:34 AM
thanks aquaman. floridapets is actually out but I got some from an RC guy. FYI for everyone I ordered a bunch of other stuff from florida pets and the did a great job. UPS was a day late and they are reshipping everyhting that didn't make it.

rcmike
05/25/2004, 05:13 PM
Yeah, even floridapets doesn't recommend there particular strain of chaetomorpha because it isn't hardy. Here is what there website says.

"From what we understand there has been a recent push for Chaetomorpha...and the demand that we have seen supports what we have heard. The Chaetomorpha we collect does not seem to be a hardy strain. It has problems acclimating to different situations. We find it best as a "pod breeding station," but has not shown reliability for refugium use as a nutrient exporter. Alongside the recent push for "Chaetomorpha," we have heard recent speakers/authors downplaying Caulerpa due to it's "going sexual." We have found, over the past several years, that Caulerpa prolifera (which we sell and LOVE) is just fantastic. We have never found it to "go sexual" in our tanks. We HAVE found it to be extremely hardy and able to acclimate to various situations. It is an excellent nutrient exporter, food, and medicine."

fishdoc11
05/26/2004, 06:56 AM
FWIW it has gone sexual on me a couple of times but thankfully in FO tanks.
Chris

cknox2
05/26/2004, 09:43 AM
fishdoc, c. prolifera or chaeto has gone sexual?