PDA

View Full Version : Hey! #3 isn't finished...

aquaman67
05/17/2004, 04:14 PM
Logo number three isn't complete...is it? I thought it was going to be colored?

That might make a difference...

Sir Knight
05/17/2004, 04:57 PM
It may not be finished but it is winning, which I think is cool and just shows what a good job Robert has done. I know that when Robert puts the finishing touches on it, it will be perfect.

Oldschooler
05/19/2004, 12:55 AM
Hmmm... Maybe I'm just dense, or maybe it got removed, but I can't seem to find my earlier rant about logos...

Anyway, I am under the understanding that "logos" are supposed to be really simple icons to designate something. They *can* contain color, but normally only one, two, or three. The Olympic "rings" are an example of one with many colors, but is still simple. I can and will do a superb coloring job on any logo you guys want, buuuut... It will reproduce much easier and cost effectively with one or two colors (orange and purple, plus black and white?)... I can make it look almost photo-real if you want it shaded, but then we might as well have used photoshop, no?

~Roberto

aquaman67
05/19/2004, 06:36 AM
Hey Robert,

Your rant about logo's and Kroger is in the 'We need a logo thread.'

I'm the only one, I guess, who wanted to see it colored. I saw in the thread where you submitted the logo that you mentioned you 'could' color it.

I'd like to see a colored version, myself. Like you said, just simple colors. Orange for the clown, blue for the circle with the stars and the acro colored too. Maybe the MTRC in red or something...???

I was just a thought.

Sir Knight
05/21/2004, 11:13 PM
Here is colorized version of the almost winning Logo that was created by Robert. Marie and I worked on the coloring for 5 hours today. I hope everyone likes it.

fishdoc11
05/21/2004, 11:31 PM
Looks nice Joe!

SRA4031
05/22/2004, 01:16 AM
That does look better. This will be brought up to a vote in the meeting though isn't?

Oldschooler
05/22/2004, 02:35 AM
Looks great, but if you're gonna go so far as to make the background a red rectangle (ostensibly to resemble the state flag), you should add the blue stripe on the one side (see a pic of the state flag, which I am too lazy to supply a link to). LOL

Thanks for the dressing-up, though!
~Roberto

Sir Knight
05/22/2004, 10:52 AM
You must be reading our minds. :)

We did this last night, but Reef Central was down and it could not be posted. Now it looks more like the TN flag. As far as voting so far this is the winning logo. I will ask for a vote at the BOD meeting for approval. If the membership doesn't like it they can over turn it at a regular meeting. I must say it is starting to grow on me. Here it is:

Oldschooler
05/22/2004, 10:38 PM
What you guys have done by coloring it as you have, is made a very easy-to-reproduce logo. If it looks too simple for some, I, or anyone else, can shade it, etc.

Also, Foggy54 faxed me a sketch of his idea of what the logo should be, but I just simply haven't had time to render it for him. If you guys are going to do a "final" vote, I should send his sketch through someone for approval...

Oldschooler
05/22/2004, 10:38 PM
BTW... Nice job on the flag details/border. Really ties it all in, methinks...

Oldschooler
05/22/2004, 10:39 PM
Ooh! I can see the enamel cloisonne pins now!!!

Sir Knight
05/23/2004, 03:41 PM
Hey Robert,
Thanks for the comments. We tried to add color but still make it easy to reproduce which as you stated we have achieved. I think if we start shading it makes it more difficult to reproduce.

If you can get Foggy45's done with colors then yes please do.
Would it be possible to have it complete and emailed to me by this Wednesday?

Then Thursday I will post all of the entries again for a final vote.
Since yours has at this point won. I think just yours(the color version) and the new one (foggy45) would be the only two that would need to be posted and voted on.

We need to get closure.

Thanks for all of your help. Not just in doing the logo, but everything you and Sean have done for this club. Without you two guys this club would still be in the talking stage.

Sincerely

fishdoc11
05/23/2004, 05:26 PM
Si, Muchas gracias to Roberto and Sean:-)