PDA

View Full Version : Summer Party Raffle

benjavan
05/15/2004, 04:01 PM
Summer Party is coming up at Keith's house in June. (see website for info.) All current and paid up members will be getting free stuff at the party. I will be purchaseing these items through Chow Hound. (Thanks Scott) I need suggestions on what corals, fish, book, and dry goods people want. Tell me specifically what you want! I make no gaurantees, but I will do my best to fulfill your requests.

phishlipripper
05/17/2004, 07:52 AM
Blue torts!

battplus
05/17/2004, 04:29 PM
a book called: corals of the world
:D

Gerde
05/18/2004, 07:57 AM
Books are good, they seemed to be a big hit last time. How about a couple of bags of stuff that everyone could use, like bags of snails or hermits. Some sand sifting stars would be cool. Of course hard coral frags would be the best for me.

Krusk
05/18/2004, 02:55 PM
a punch of clams,
we are always short in clam at the raffle

star
05/24/2004, 12:36 PM
Yes I would also like some books. The conscientous Marine Aquarist by Fenner, Corals of the World by Veron, Reef Invertebrates by Fenner, Corals by Tullock. Do you know that our Kent county libary system doesnt have any of these books!!??!! I have requested that they get them but.....you know it depends on their budget.

Fishboykaps
05/24/2004, 06:56 PM
Large sps colonies, Clams, and some rare fish.

kelliek
06/07/2004, 05:32 AM
Books are definitely great, like Borneman's coral book. Also, some softies for those that don't keep high light maybe? Mushrooms maybe. One of the corals that was fragged at the April (was it April?) meeting was I think some sort of toadstool mushroom leather. Mine kept separating as a result of all the toothpick poking, and is still looking very unhealthy (I'm still trying to save it tho!). One of these would be great, since I'd love to replace it, or maybe some zoanthids.

Just some ideas, take them with a grain of salt. My classes are kicking my butt this term, which is why I missed last month's meeting :( I'm going to try to make the June meeting, but it all depends on how things go that week. I really hope I can make it tho!

Kellie

Keith
06/07/2004, 06:36 AM
Kellie,
Just leave the leather on the bottom of the tank and give it a rest until it heals, with out trying to run a toothpick into it. After a 3-4 weeks you can give it a try again. If it picks up a bunch of sand and gravel on its base during that time, you can glue it down with some super glue.

We will be picking up a few leathers from Midwest Corals when we go down on Saturday.

see you at the party

kelliek
06/07/2004, 11:27 AM
Thanks for the tip Keith. Its been about that long since I've touched it, so perhaps that means its recovering. However, I had it recovering on a rock instead of in the sand. If it hasn't started to stick on its own I'll try moving it to the sand.

Thanks
Kellie

phishlipripper
06/07/2004, 01:17 PM
Hey Keith when is the raffle going to take place. I can't get there till about 5:00 so I am probably going to miss out on the food except maybe some left overs but I definately want to be there for the raffle.

Keith
06/07/2004, 05:54 PM
I'm sure the auction will be over 15 minutes before you get there and there probably won't be any leftover either. :eek1:

I don't really have any control over either thing, I am just supplying the house.

phishlipripper
06/07/2004, 09:12 PM
Oh well, that always seems to be my luck when it comes to the meetings. I'll try to make it anyhow. If I'm lucky the food and barley pops will keep everybody occupied and distracted from having the raffle early.

It's a slim chance but at least give me the satisfaction of the false sense of hope.

bob1965fish1
06/08/2004, 11:43 AM
Some colorful zooanthids would be really nice!!!!!! Blue leg crabs, snails, and other useful critters would be good too.

P.S. Anyone want some tree coral? Let me know if you do.

Krusk
06/11/2004, 10:44 PM
How about raffle off couple of MH bulbs?

:)