PDA

View Full Version : Reef ball & 3D concrete

Moodi
05/15/2004, 12:35 PM
Hello every body... (i am new user)

I just want to know what is the different between the reef ball and the 3D concrete. Which one is the best? And why the other one is still in used?

MarkS
05/15/2004, 07:39 PM
OK, can I ask a question?

What are you talking about?!? :confused: I did not know the reefs had balls and I have never seen 2D concrete.

Steven Pro
05/16/2004, 12:28 PM
I have seen a presentation by John Walch on using Reefballs http://www.reefball.com/ but I don't know what 3D concrete is.

Moodi
05/16/2004, 03:15 PM
Ok thanks for trying to help me...
I need specially the artificial reef types? What are they? And which one is the best...please!

Mike R King
05/16/2004, 04:35 PM
Moodi,

The Coalition of Reef Lovers (CORL) has been using Reef Balls since 2000 when we gave them the idea of coral farming and attaching coral transplants to the Reef Ball to speed up the coral growth process. I haven't had the chance to even see a 3D reef structure in use and can't find anything about them but there is ton's of info on Reef Balls at the site Steve Pro posted.

I must tell you I am on the Reef Ball Foundations Board of Directors but my advice to you is to use the method that best suits your projects needs. If the project is the restoration of a degraded coral reef habitat then no artificial structures may be needed if the reef base rock structure still exists. If the project is for a SCUBA diving or snorkeling trail, breakwater, of Mother Reef for a coral farm the Reef Ball structures work very well.
If you would like CORL's help with your project feel free to e-mail me at mike@corl.org our website is www.corl.org.

(And remember, If the project is aimed at reef restoration, the project must start with removing the stressors that caused the reefs decline. )

Mike King
Director CORL
Acting Director CORL-AS

iCam
05/28/2004, 12:24 AM
Hey Moodi....

[welcome]