PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with Atlantis Aquariums?

GatorReefman
05/13/2004, 08:53 PM
Just visited the store yesterday and it is becoming more vacant. Their prices on rose anemones dropped like a brick from when I last saw them: $79 each and now $34. I did purchase some cyclo peeze and even bought a small elegance coral- it was a nice green with pink tips. John

mpdharley
05/14/2004, 04:08 PM
They are re-doing the whole store. They moved the dry goods back to the back left and are re-setting up some of their coral tanks (front right).

From what they say, the idea is to get the customer in the door with the corals and not take up that valuable space with the dry goods.

GatorReefman
05/14/2004, 06:11 PM
Well, I had thought they were going out of business but had not wanted to officially announce it. I asked them several weeks ago if they were closing and they denied it.

mpdharley
05/14/2004, 06:38 PM
From what I understand, Ray is concentrating on the maintenance business and John and Ben are working the storefront. I guess this is why they are make some changes to the store.

FishhyRen
05/17/2004, 09:23 AM
I had heard some hearsay that someone had approached Aqua Zoo with a proposition to buy Atlantis a while back--

I went to check out Atlantis and there were more fish in the front display tank than the whole rest of the store (not to mention the carpet looked like a hurricane came through)

I went back the other day and it's looking quite a bit better but still "under construction" -

They had a lot more fish and some new corals which was promising.

I did pick up one of those Rose BTA's (although I don't know if they're real rose BTA's they don't have purple tips or the streaks on the tenicles...)

Mine's doing great however, it's huge and was about to split when I bought it a week ago, so we'll see what happens. I figured I couldn't go wrong for $34