PDA

View Full Version : Need Sand?? FREE to anyone who can come get it.

billpa
05/13/2004, 11:33 AM
Alright...this is gonna sound a little weird but hear me through:

I work for a film production company. Next week we will be shooting a commercial for Boscov's for their spring/summer fashions. We are creating a beach in our studio located in Ephrata PA (near lancaster). So on Monday or Tuesday there will be a truck coming to deliver 4.5 tons (thats 9000 lbs) of masonry sand...they call it sandbox sand...unsure if it is usable for aquariums...I'm sure the experts will chime in and tell me yes or no.

The problem resides after the shoot. We have no way of getting this sand out of the studio. We are looking into finding a company to get rid of it but was curious if any reefers would be interested in taking any. It needs to be removed by Thursday the 13th...So the window to pick up would be Wednesday or Thursday of next week...preferably during the day although I might be able to work something out for night time pickups.

Just gauging interest so far...I realize one person isn't going to take 9000# :D I also know it took 150 lbs to fill my tank and it is puny compared to some of you guys. So everybody chime in and let me know. I will post this thread in all the local clubs.

billpa

dvlhzdu
05/13/2004, 01:51 PM
I say a volleyball net and cold beer are necessary.

billpa
05/13/2004, 02:22 PM
yup :lol: