PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

jameso
09/12/2001, 04:19 PM
"Adminstrative decisions/polices of RC are not publically displayed."

And where can I find out more about this. Is there a policy page?

Cheers
James

JohnL
09/12/2001, 04:26 PM
Which word(s) don't you understand, James?

hcs3
09/12/2001, 04:30 PM
Is there a policy page?

well, you answered your own question before you even asked it. :rolleye1:

however, if you really were looking forward to an answer from an RC staff member:

we have one, but you'll never see it. :rollface:

HTH

henry

BrianD
09/12/2001, 05:30 PM
Jameso, is there a reason why you are so obsessed with Reef Central? You seem to thoroughly enjoy stirring up any controversy about it on your board, and now you bring it over here.

I seriously doubt any administrators on RC would promote pot-shots of your board in discussions here.

It seems your time would be better served by addressing posts like this one (http://www.reefs.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=026898), rather than worrying so much about RC.

Brian

jameso
09/12/2001, 05:48 PM
sorry, double post

jameso
09/12/2001, 05:52 PM
You've all said it many times, you learn from us, we learn from you.

I was/am not trying to stir up anything, I would just like to know what the policy is so that I can compare it to reefs.org. I really don't see what the problem with that is but that is from my viewpoint sitting here at my desk. I could be wrong.

If you guys think this is an inappropriate question, I'll gladly delete the post.

If not, then does that statement mean that you all do not have a public policy, or that you do have one, but you won't disclose it?

John, those words would be "Adminstrative polices of RC are not publically displayed." I can understand admin decisions not being discussed in public or displayed, but policies, IMO, SHOULD be displayed. Otherwise, what good is the policy?

Cheers
James Wiseman

BrianD
09/12/2001, 06:03 PM
James, perhaps if you hadn't participated so vigorously in several threads started by members banned from RC in your "Sump" (threads I see that have since been deleted, except this one (http://www.reefs.org/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=25&t=000598)), your comments might seem more believable.

However, you were quick to mock RC for decisions regarding those former members, even though you had no personal knowledge of the situation.

It is also comical to see that one of the people who bashed RC on Reefs.org has since been reinstated on RC, and all his threads regarding his "banishment" have been removed from your board.

I suppose that deleting threads is easier than removing feet.

Brian

MicroChip
09/12/2001, 06:10 PM
Not taking sides. Just to clarify, we don't delete threads. We only close them. The only way a thread is deleted on reefs.org's ubb is by the original poster of the thread deleting the first message, which automatically removes the thread. That is our "public policy".

And with all that's going on in the world yesterday and today, can't we all just get along? For the sake of the hobby...

MC

JohnL
09/12/2001, 06:10 PM
James, I think Reef Central's policies are very similar to Reefs.Org's policies but I can't be sure as I am not able to find your policies page. Perhaps you could point me to it.

jameso
09/12/2001, 06:48 PM
Hi Guys,

I'm glad to hear it John. I think the policies are probably similar too, but thought that comparing them would be a fruitful excercise. I got punced on instead, which, if it was because of the way I worded my post I apologize. If you don't want to talk about it here, that's fine. Email me instead if you would like to take it private.

I think that if you do a search on my nickname here at RC you will find that I have posted many useful reefkeeping tips and tricks, and I have never posted an insult or a flame or ANYTHING unconstructive. I think it's only fair to do this, especially before giving me the middle finger.

Cheers
James

jameso
09/12/2001, 06:53 PM
Oh, I forgot the policy page.

http://www.reefs.org/access/index.html

That was drafted for #reefs, which has been around for a lot longer than the bulletin board, which is a relatively new phenomena. The rules apply to both.

Cheers
James

hcs3
09/12/2001, 07:01 PM
HTH (http://www.reefcentral.com/messageboard.htm)

henry

JohnL
09/12/2001, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by jameso
I think it's only fair to do this, especially before giving me the middle finger.

That was not my intent, James. As you know, you can email me anytime and I will be happy to discuss this or anything else with you.

JohnL
09/12/2001, 07:58 PM
In addition to the link Henry provided, members must agree to the following when they register.

Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. If you agree to the terms, please press the Agree button at the end of the page. Note: By pressing the button you declare that you are over the age of 13. If you are 13 or under, please use this registration form.

Although the administrators and moderators of Reef Central Online Community will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Reef Central Online Community or Jelsoft Enterprises Limited (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

By clicking the Agree button, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.

The owners of Reef Central Online Community have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.