PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant male..now what

rudij
09/12/2001, 11:38 AM
OK i need suggestions/diagrams for a good Seahorse Hatchery please I want to give these little guys the best chance I can.

Thanks

Rudi

Airel
09/15/2001, 09:56 PM
Hi Rudi,

Do know what species you have?? Knowing the species will help you in knowing the gestation period and exactly when to set up your nursery tank.

I set up a nursery tank just last night and I'll share with you how I do it. I use a 10gal bare bottom with water from the main tank. I use a whisper filter and 2 small powerheads. I have a tank divider with the filter/powerheads on one side and the babies on the other. I also cut few chunks out of the top of the divider so the powerheads can blow a small current over the surface of the water. I also have the tank on a stand with a lamp underneath. The babies are attracted to light and this keeps them in the water column instead of floating to the surface where they snick air.

I feed newly hatched brine shrimp at least 2X per day. More if I'm home and have time.

I think that's it. Let me know if I missed something you may have a question about.

Good Luck with your babies!!!

HTH,
DeAnne :)