PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna give me some macro?

dannanokris
05/07/2004, 01:09 PM
I'm in tempe,
I really would like to get some macro algae for my fuge. I will buy some off you you. So if you need money pm me and I'll trade some bills for some algae. :)
later
dan

dannanokris
05/07/2004, 01:11 PM
Oh yeah one more thing,

I was wondering if there was some type of plant that I could actually put in the tank. I like the look of plants underwater. I know if fresh water they have plants like that, I was curious if there were any plants like that for SW. SOmething that looks like mini trees i guess. Lol
Dan

KellySilver
05/07/2004, 01:58 PM
I have flat leafed calerpa (spelling?) that's growing really well. You can have some if you'd like.

Kelly Silver

Although it doesn't look like a tree.

mojodeli
05/07/2004, 02:46 PM
I can give you a handful of chaeto. I'm in gilbert

dgin
05/07/2004, 02:54 PM
I've got some chaetomorpha as well. I'm in Chandler.

KellySilver
05/07/2004, 03:21 PM
Stupid question:

Do you have to put chaetomorpha in your fuge, or can you put it in the tank itself?

dannanokris
05/07/2004, 03:38 PM
Dgin you have a PM from me.
Thx for the offer guyz,
I want something that won't go asexual...
Dan

mojodeli
05/07/2004, 06:39 PM
chaeto is one of the few that does not go sexual.

The chaeto will be most effective in the sump.

clkwrk
05/07/2004, 09:05 PM
I agree with Mojo . If you put it in the display I would becareful . I had a banji cardinal fish get stuck in it today while I was at the dentist. The crabs in my tank ganged up on him and decapitated him . I was bummed .

mx_tang
05/08/2004, 03:30 AM
Hi Dan,

It looks like you've got a standing waitlist of people who are willing to give the stuff away, but if the deals fall through, I've got some for you.

Speaking of "plant-like" higher ordered organisms in the tank, you might want to look at some photosynthetic gorgonians, sponges, etc. They have very vibrant colors and some of them have a long track record in captivity. However, there are some sponges and NON-PHOTOSYNTHETIC gorgonians that don't really do very well in the tank.

Macroalgaes really do grow quite fast, especially in a small volume that you currently have. If you do decide to get fast growing corals, fish, macroalgaes, gorgonians, sponges, and the like, then make sure you keep up on the pruning or else the tank could become unstable rather quickly.