PDA

View Full Version : Ozone works?

Old Crab
05/06/2004, 05:26 PM
roll22,

What's up?

I don't know if I had told you that my Orchid dottyback had developed some kind of infection. It would start out as a white dot looking much like ich, then it would develop a large lump and break out as a large white fuzzy mass. I called Tara at MSL and she had me turn up my ozone. At this point I thought that the Orchid had bit it as it had several large masses comming out and one already broken out. After turning the ozone up the white mass fell off and then healed in several days the other spots did come out but were much smaller. Though it looked very bad it keept eating and now is healing well. I feel that without the ozone it would have not made it. Have you had fish do somthing like this and survive? The other thing is that it did not spread to any other fish. Can I realy attribute this recovery to the ozone? I have the whole thing documented on Video if you want to see it.

BTW I got a Scooter blennie & a Royal Gramma and they are doing well. The blenny seems to be finding enough of the coapods. They now are out by the thousands at night.

I now am in the full ninth week of the tank. The skimmer is now giving me thick dry foam. Do you think that I could start adding some SPF's? If so which ones should I start with? Do you have some ideas.

Tim

Roll221
05/08/2004, 08:53 PM
I left a message on your phone, call me I think I can help you with your frags

Ed