PDA

View Full Version : membership cards

thedogofwar
05/05/2004, 10:42 AM
looking into getting membership cards made.

looking for suggestions on what should be on them and ideas of how they should be made. Of course the logo and holders name.

I don't want this to cost a bunch of money on a yearly basis since they will need renewed annually and it needs to be something that we can do ourselves to accomodate additional membership. I would also like something more durable than paper, possibly laminated if we can get it done easily and cheaply.

I was thinking if we could get some blank credit card like stock and a label could easily be printed and attached and then a quick clear coat to protect the inking. have no clue where to find such blank stock though.

so if anybody has any ideas, or can help out, lets hear it.

moogoomoogoo
05/05/2004, 11:54 AM
I would think that printing a colorful card with logo and member info on it, front and back, from a color printer and then laminating the card would be easier and cheaper than using blank credit card stock. Laminating devises are plentiful.

Scuba Dog
05/05/2004, 12:26 PM
laminated custom business cards?

jerryc
05/05/2004, 12:49 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scuba Dog
laminated custom business cards? [/QUOTE

Those should work you can get them for home computer use almost anywhere

thedogofwar
05/05/2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by jerryc
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Scuba Dog
laminated custom business cards? [/QUOTE

Those should work you can get them for home computer use almost anywhere

any experience with them? Does it come with software? How about the laminate? possibly an iron on sleeve or something, everything included?

I couldn't find anything without a large pricetag on card stock. Got quoted $6/card from a printing company. :eek2:

jerryc
05/05/2004, 02:47 PM
No They don't come with software usually most people have some tip of program that will do cards

moogoomoogoo
05/05/2004, 06:15 PM
You can download free software from the net. I think I got mine from zdnet.com . I made my own business cards for my last job. Very cheap. Used a picture of my reef and superimposed the text. I'll try to attach it but I have never done this so it my not work

moogoomoogoo
05/06/2004, 11:34 AM
I give up. I tried to attach a copy but it keeps telling me the file is too big.